Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Xealous
Ireland
Killagrohan. Mallow
Co.Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The overlays I most want are from BoardGameBoost, but the international shipping is brutal :/
https://www.etsy.com/listing/493917327/great-western-trail-p...

Not keen on the propped up corners on these https://boardgameinnovation.com/shop/great-western-trail/gre...

Google did find me a UK site Fatcatgaming.co.uk but the sites no longer available o.0 dont know if they are real or not.

Anyone found a decent EU solution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
United Kingdom
Kings Langley, Herts, UK
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xealous wrote:
The overlays I most want are from BoardGameBoost, but the international shipping is brutal :/
https://www.etsy.com/listing/493917327/great-western-trail-p...

Not keen on the propped up corners on these https://boardgameinnovation.com/shop/great-western-trail/gre...

Google did find me a UK site Fatcatgaming.co.uk but the sites no longer available o.0 dont know if they are real or not.

Anyone found a decent EU solution?

FatGaming seem legit...or at least they have proper contact details:
Fat Cat Gaming
84 Spixworth Road
Norwich
Norfolk
NR67NG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG Innovation
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi Jay,

What concerns you about the propped corners?

I wanted let you know why the corners are propped up. Beyond organization and cube containment, we also want to make games accessible.

Many people (myself included) have difficulty lifting small objects. The propped corners make it easier to lift the chits out of the overlay while still keeping your bits in place if the table gets knocked.

Here's a photo to show you how the raised corner works.
Elaine
Board Game Innovation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Xealous
Ireland
Killagrohan. Mallow
Co.Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just my fussy taste Elaine, corners are a smart idea and work beautifully no doubt. Easily recommendable for lots of peeps. My OCD tendencies crave a smooth and flat layout however.

But I am awfully odd.

/moolick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D R
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BGInnovationcom wrote:
Beyond organization and cube containment, we also want to make games accessible.

Not necessarily. My partner is blind and would fumble these out there slots rendering the overlay moot.

Would be cool is you added Braille to some overlays (Labourers/Engineers/Certificates etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BGInnovationcom wrote:
Hi Jay,

What concerns you about the propped corners?

I wanted let you know why the corners are propped up. Beyond organization and cube containment, we also want to make games accessible.

Many people (myself included) have difficulty lifting small objects. The propped corners make it easier to lift the chits out of the overlay while still keeping your bits in place if the table gets knocked.

Here's a photo to show you how the raised corner works.
Elaine
Board Game Innovation

I think I'd prefer it if they sat flat, but in the space was a wide bar across (roughly) the middle. So to remove one, you just push down on the bottom of the worker and the 'bar' acts as a fulcrum, raising the top half of the worker to easily lift.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG Innovation
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
GarcianIII wrote:

Not necessarily. My partner is blind and would fumble these out there slots rendering the overlay moot.

Would be cool is you added Braille to some overlays (Labourers/Engineers/Certificates etc.)

I am sorry that the overlay has issues for your Partner. I would love to talk to you about adding braille to an overlay for them, and speak to you about the issue with fumbling. If you are amenable, please send me a PM.

The overlays were made this way to assist getting the chip board pieces out with minimal difficulty and no damage to the pieces. I and several of my friends have issues with fine motor skills and coordination. This helps us to more easily pick up the small pieces.

When dealing with accessibility there are always going to be issues that require adjustment and tailoring. There is never a one size fits all. I appreciate your giving me feedback that may help us make better overlays in the future.

-Elaine
Board Game Innovation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.