Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Brophy
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to make sure we're doing this right.

If a card refers to "a cube" or "1 cube", say in relation to the supply, it must be one of their own cubes? For example, the secondary action on " Hurried Reinforcements" states "add 1 cube to the battlefield from the supply". Could the opponent, for whatever reason, add a cube to my side?

A reference to "any cube" to me is clear that it can be any colour, where as "a cube" seems less clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J. Mortimer
United Kingdom
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for giving the game a go.

Yes your assumption is correct.

A cube or 1 cube means one of your cubes. Any cube means yours or your opponents.

For further clarification the French cubes can only ever be moved by the two French Events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
morti wrote:
For further clarification the French cubes can only ever be moved by the two French Events.

And involuntarily by battle losses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brophy
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for making the game and answering my question! I play mostly with a co-worker at lunch, and we're really enjoying The Cousin's War so far. Looking forward to diving a little deeper now that we're confident we have the rules down.

morti wrote:
Hi Patrick,

A cube or 1 cube means one of your cubes. Any cube means yours or your opponents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J. Mortimer
United Kingdom
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of the early play testing was with a co-worker at lunchtime. It's perfect for that. Glad you are having fun with it.

PaddyB wrote:
Thank you for making the game and answering my question! I play mostly with a co-worker at lunch, and we're really enjoying The Cousin's War so far. Looking forward to diving a little deeper now that we're confident we have the rules down.

morti wrote:
Hi Patrick,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
morti wrote:

On the Warwick Kingmaker card, the Secondary Event, does not say "any". I assume that it should. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.