Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

The Cousins' War» Forums » Rules

Subject: "A cube" vs "any cube" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Brophy
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to make sure we're doing this right.

If a card refers to "a cube" or "1 cube", say in relation to the supply, it must be one of their own cubes? For example, the secondary action on " Hurried Reinforcements" states "add 1 cube to the battlefield from the supply". Could the opponent, for whatever reason, add a cube to my side?

A reference to "any cube" to me is clear that it can be any colour, where as "a cube" seems less clear.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J. Mortimer
United Kingdom
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for giving the game a go.

Yes your assumption is correct.

A cube or 1 cube means one of your cubes. Any cube means yours or your opponents.

For further clarification the French cubes can only ever be moved by the two French Events.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
morti wrote:
For further clarification the French cubes can only ever be moved by the two French Events.

And involuntarily by battle losses.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brophy
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for making the game and answering my question! I play mostly with a co-worker at lunch, and we're really enjoying The Cousin's War so far. Looking forward to diving a little deeper now that we're confident we have the rules down.

morti wrote:
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for giving the game a go.

Yes your assumption is correct.

A cube or 1 cube means one of your cubes. Any cube means yours or your opponents.

For further clarification the French cubes can only ever be moved by the two French Events.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J. Mortimer
United Kingdom
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of the early play testing was with a co-worker at lunchtime. It's perfect for that. Glad you are having fun with it.

PaddyB wrote:
Thank you for making the game and answering my question! I play mostly with a co-worker at lunch, and we're really enjoying The Cousin's War so far. Looking forward to diving a little deeper now that we're confident we have the rules down.

morti wrote:
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for giving the game a go.

Yes your assumption is correct.

A cube or 1 cube means one of your cubes. Any cube means yours or your opponents.

For further clarification the French cubes can only ever be moved by the two French Events.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
morti wrote:


A cube or 1 cube means one of your cubes. Any cube means yours or your opponents.

On the Warwick Kingmaker card, the Secondary Event, does not say "any". I assume that it should. Is that correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.