Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Neuhauser
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not the lowest ever for Patchwork but a pretty good price if you have Prime.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RCCAPPE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Hatfield
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
New seller with zero feedback, it seems - more than likely a scam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twentington wrote:

I don't know about that. It's fulfilled by Amazon and not the lowest price ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Hatfield
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
earache wrote:
Twentington wrote:

I don't know about that. It's fulfilled by Amazon and not the lowest price ever.

Fair point, it may just be the skeptical journalist in me speaking out. Even so, let the buyer beware.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazy Mountain

Colorado
msg tools
mb
I'm very much not buying those.

(Most of this week) There have been 3 Patchworks by 'new users' with no feedback, below the rest the market $. This is precisely the M.O. of the recent scams that have plauged Amazon (the gibberish names are also a common trait). Very much buyer beware.

You might buy this, and if it had not arrived on time, Amazon CS can be contacted and will give you a refund, that's the security 'Amazon Fulfillment' (no, it doesn't mean Amazon has the item on a shelf). However, there have been numerous reports of buyers getting refunds in these cases only to have their accounts closed. Seriously, the buyer, not the seller. Amazon is aware and had not added consumer protection to limit this scam. This is commonly reported across the web.

Caveat emptor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kornhaus
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lzmountaingames wrote:
You might buy this, and if it had not arrived on time, Amazon CS can be contacted and will give you a refund, that's the security 'Amazon Fulfillment' (no, it doesn't mean Amazon has the item on a shelf).

According to the Amazon web page, that is precisely what it means:

"Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Prime."

Items from Marketplace sellers that are not FBA are usually covered by Amazon's AtoZ Guarantee, which would provide refunds if the item is not delivered.

Generally, ordering an FBA item is safer since Amazon is packing and shipping the item. Note, however, in this case the item is "backordered" so there is a chance it is a variant of the "Just Launched" fraud, but I don't think Amazon would charge you until they actually shipped the item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Tousignant
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Appears dead either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranier Knizia
msg tools
I believe the issue with some of the FBA deals that are too good to be true is that the sellers are putting counterfeit goods in the Amazon supply chain. If you look at reviews of products like Catan and 7 Wonders for example, you will see lots of comments about missing pieces, poorly fitting tiles, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.