Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
designer
Nintendo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hello everyone!

We want to invite you on a trip to Upsideville, a fictional US town located somewhere in Indiana during the early 1980s, where the events of InBetween take place.

In this asymmetrical card game for 2 players, one player will take on the role of the town forces, trying to get everyone to safety, while the other will be playing a strange and horrific creature that wants to devour everything.

The scenography in the game will be ever changing. We will see the same town in 2 different realities, bound to each other by the creature.

Each player will have their own deck of cards. The town forces will be playing events and equipment to protect themselves, while the creature will be playing aggressive abilities to destroy the town forces.

The game has 3 winning game conditions, making for a tense experience where decisions must be considered carefully … the stakes are high.

So prepare yourself for an amazing trip between 2 realities and join us on our adventure! The game’s premiere is set for Essen Spiel 2017. Hope to see you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazy Mountain

Colorado
msg tools
mb
Re: Welcom in Upsideville!
Cool concept, and I really dig the art.
It reminds me very, very much of this pair of Stephen King books, down to depicting his favored era:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweetgotham
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I saw pale kings and princes too, Pale warriors, death-pale were they all; They cried—‘La Belle Dame sans Merci Hath thee in thrall!’
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Welcom in Upsideville!

Not to mention:

Between that and it being a 2p game, it got my attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Gentle
Canada
London
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Color me interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wyckyd
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sweetgotham wrote:

Yeah, this has Stranger Things all over it. Has the designer mentioned this inspiration somewhere? Because the rulebook contains a short origin story:

Quote:
InBetween was created during a 16 hour drive to Essen Spiel 2015. The idea hit me out of nowhere and since I was the only person from Historical Games Factory without a driving license back then, I could focus on the game.

I though a quick mention of Stranger Things would have been appropriate here... but maybe I missed it? Or maybe it is a strange coincidence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Glowacz
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
designer
Nintendo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wyckyd wrote:
sweetgotham wrote:

Yeah, this has Stranger Things all over it. Has the designer mentioned this inspiration somewhere? Because the rulebook contains a short origin story:

Quote:
InBetween was created during a 16 hour drive to Essen Spiel 2015. The idea hit me out of nowhere and since I was the only person from Historical Games Factory without a driving license back then, I could focus on the game.

I though a quick mention of Stranger Things would have been appropriate here... but maybe I missed it? Or maybe it is a strange coincidence?

The first implementation of this game was about Polish Kings. But we in B&D are Stranger Things Fans and we saw that mechanics in this game will fits so well in ST like theme - and it works perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wyckyd wrote:

Quote:

This would be strange if he had been inspired in 2015, by series from 2016
And as other games from Historical Games Factory this game initially had a historical theme see http://www.gamesfanatic.pl/2015/11/24/cotygodnik-redakcyjny-...

I really like the rethemed game looks. I hope it also plays well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wyckyd
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Filipozo wrote:
The first implementation of this game was about Polish Kings. But we in B&D are Stranger Things Fans and we saw that mechanics in this game will fits so well in ST like theme - and it works perfect.

rafal100 wrote:
This would be strange if he had been inspired in 2015, by series from 2016

Perhaps I misspoke - I didn't mean to imply the game development was based on the series (that would a fast development indeed!) but the theme has some definite links to Stranger Things. And I think that deserves a mention, but I don't know if other agree, so I asked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wyckyd wrote:

Perhaps I misspoke - I didn't mean to imply the game development was based on the series (that would a fast development indeed!) but the theme has some definite links to Stranger Things. And I think that deserves a mention, but I don't know if other agree, so I asked.

If game wasn't rethemed even recomnedation from
Jakub Polkowski
Poland
Warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wouldn't help. And people outside of Poland would probably want to play it at all.
If Stranger Thing was a little bit original on its own, it could deserve a mention... but it is "only" prefectly done nostalgia bait, with grat visuals and with good music...
October will be so long...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.