Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Ryan
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just been reacquainting myself with the rules after 20-odd years and have a couple of queries:

1. Can SHQs deploy? I'm thinking in terms of a deploy potentially extends range of a SHQ airstrike. Also, I think the airstrike it commands is unsupported if the combat units it is assigned to are also unsupported. Correct?
However, if those units are supported by another HQ, is the SHQ airstrike likewise supported?

2. Units OoS caught in a pocket: they can move and fire like normal, yes? (apologies if this sounds like a bleeding obvious question). And if an HQ is with them, it can activate normally and provide movement command and combat support as per usual. If no HQ present, those pocketed units are relying on SHQ to move and will have to battle unsupported. Is that correct?

The rulebook is pretty straightforward, but it would have been nice if they'd provided double-up information where rules overlap from one section to another(and cross-referenced them), just to reinforce rules mentioned earlier and how they relate to other sections.

Getting a handle on it, but it kinda makes my head swim at times.
I must be getting old! snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to my understanding, all correct!

I asked the same question about airstrikes here, and got the same answer.

SHQ Deployment: Questions

As far as the supply questions, I think there are only three effects to being OoS: 1) suffer attrition at the end of opponent's turn; 2) don't exert a zone of control; and 3) can't use rail movement.

OoS Activations: 3 Questions

PS. You may find the rules wiki helpful:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/EastFront_collected_...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ryan
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Terrific. Much clearer now.
And that wiki rules link is great!
Thanks so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.