Popular Tags: [View All]
This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This game has intrigued me for years. The only thing stopping me from picking it up is concern about replay value versus cost. It seems like the sort of game you could master past it feeling like a game.

Granted, with the size of my game collection, I don't get around to playing most games a lot. I just don't want to feel like a facilitator instead of a participant after one or two games.

How does it hold up for your group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Brynen
Canada
Baie d'Urfé
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Because both the Event Deck and the At-Risk Deck are randomized each game, each gameplay should present different challenges. Moreover, if you're playing with different people each time that too will have a substantial impact on each gaming experience.

Of course, as you play the game you should get better at it, and find it a little easier. However, since AFTERSHOCK is also intended for educational/professional use, that's a feature rather than a bug!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.