Subject: Battle Fury card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
badge
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday we encoutered a problem with the Battle Fury card, that my partner wanted to play on a machine gun unit.
We both agreed to ban him from doing that.
The card says you may use it on a "Soldier Unit". MG and MT units are also soldier units, but there is no use to think they may perform such an aggresive close combat the card offers. Infantry unit and Bomber unit are eligible, that's fair and reasonable. But what about MG and MT?
Your ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Card text:

"After a successful close combat in which the enemy unit is either eliminated or retreats from its hex, target may gain ground and make a bonus close combat with 1 additional die.
If the target unit has already made a bonus close combat, it may gain ground a second time and make a second bonus close combat."

Section Phase 4 - Battle

The following situations do not allow a unit to gain ground:
A machine gun unit or mortar unit may not gain ground after a successful close combat.

So I think you played right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert tunstall
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
top of page 7 in the rules under the WWI plastic figures heading

"A machine gun unit is classified as a battlefield soldier unit."

This is the same descriptive text, except using infantry/mortar, as the other two units.

Now, as for use, the card says advance and make a second close combat attack with an additional die. (my take on the card)

The hard fast/set in stone rule for MG and MT units is they may move OR fire. Never both. Therefore they can't use the Battle Fury card.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
badge
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Michal and Robert.
You made me 100% convinced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Curtiss
United States
Dothan
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case you or your opponent need any more info, this is from Kevin Duke in another thread on a related topic Advance Over The Top combat card questions :

Quote:
Sometimes cards trump normal rules in the C&C series, but not here.

The rules specifically say:

In case of conflict, between the basic rules in this book and a combat card, the rules of the card take precedence, however, terrain movement and battle restrictions will always apply, unless stated otherwise
on the combat card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.