Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Thames Murders & Other Cases» Forums » News

Subject: Back In Stock rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Howard Jones
msg tools
mbmb
I was just notified by Cool Stuff Inc. that the game is back in stock.

Checking with Miniature Market, I see that the game is also in stock there as well. Likely other American stores as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this interesting:

Cool Stuff's product page wrote:
Important note: The ten cases in The Thames Murders and Other Cases are the same ten cases released in the Ystari version of the game Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective, now fully revised and retranslated. The solutions and contents of some cases have changed.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/240722
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N_O_ Y_B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I saw the same thing. Snatched one up immediately!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Jones
msg tools
mbmb
Still there at Miniature Market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered my copy from Cool Stuff Inc. about three weeks ago. I'm glad I did, too, because they seem to have sold out very quickly. I suspect they got enough to fill pre-orders plus some extra, but probably not a lot extra. I think you're right that more US stores will start getting copies soon, too, at least if they typically carry games like this.

I noticed on Miniature Market that they say, "This game can be played on its own or combined with Jack the Ripper & West End Adventures for enhanced play." There's a similar note on the Jack the Ripper game. How would combining the games work? Is that actually possible, or are they just trying to emphasize that these are all from the same series (or something like that)? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dronak wrote:

I noticed on Miniature Market that they say, "This game can be played on its own or combined with Jack the Ripper & West End Adventures for enhanced play." There's a similar note on the Jack the Ripper game. How would combining the games work? Is that actually possible, or are they just trying to emphasize that these are all from the same series (or something like that)? Thanks!

Pretty sure their is nothing to link the cases in these two boxes together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Jones
msg tools
mbmb
If you have both you then have TWO copies of the rules, directory, and map, which could be useful at the table.

But the cases don't connect across boxes. I own the one, and I owned an earlier version of the other. It's just a confusing way to say that they use the same system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joneshowarda wrote:
If you have both you then have TWO copies of the rules, directory, and map, which could be useful at the table.

But the cases don't connect across boxes. I own the one, and I owned an earlier version of the other. It's just a confusing way to say that they use the same system.

The rules might be the same, but the directory and map have changes. At least I know the Ripper cases use a slightly different map. The directory seems like it would offer slightly different options as well, though I have yet to play any of those cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.