Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Vogel
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to play AEON'S END this evening solo, and for my first time ever playing this game. I'll probably use two characters. Any additional advice for starting out on this game? Recommended characters, suggested baddies, etc?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First game recommend characters and market are in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Steidl
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I used the recommended market and Rageborne. He's rated the easiest and was fun as a start. I went solitaire with Brama (heal) and Mist (card draw). The healing ended up being critical, but mainly because I drew the same strike card several times in a row - doing a lot of direct damage to the mages.

As a starting point, you might want to pick one mage with a defensive ability and one with offensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
vogelap wrote:
I am going to play AEON'S END this evening solo, and for my first time ever playing this game. I'll probably use two characters. Any additional advice for starting out on this game? Recommended characters, suggested baddies, etc?

Go blind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
Completely randomize the market against Crooked Mask (Extinction), true solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ethereality wrote:

LoL

More seriously though, if you didn't break the pre-set decks, go with the pre-set setup, choose your characters after reading their abilities, and pray!

And have fun, too.

Furthermore, you'll find two suggested market setups in the rulebook, page 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Vogel
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ethereality wrote:

Razoupaf wrote:
LoL

I don't get the joke!

Razoupaf wrote:
More seriously though, if you didn't break the pre-set decks, go with the pre-set setup, choose your characters after reading their abilities, and pray!

And have fun, too.

I haven't opened any of the card packs yet. Do you recommend one or the other of the suggested market setups for my first game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's a recommended start up scenario already within the game. It certainly helps.

Also it's not your typical Deck builder. You don't shuffle you discard deck which is the best feature IMO. That and nemesis can throw some nasty turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vogelap wrote:
Ethereality wrote:

Razoupaf wrote:
LoL

I don't get the joke!

Razoupaf wrote:

And have fun, too.

I haven't opened any of the card packs yet. Do you recommend one or the other of the suggested market setups for my first game?

If you didn't, follow the instructions on the Stop cards and the leaflet to build your first game and you're set to go!

Crooked Mask is some hardcore mutha, and extinction rules is basically hardcore mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Teirlinck
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I started with the suggested pack to learn how the game goes. It is possible you will make some mistakes about some rules.
I noticed on the end of my first game and played a second game after it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TryRaptor wrote:
I started with the suggested pack to learn how the game goes. It is possible you will make some mistakes about some rules.

Did you win? Did you have fun?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
TryRaptor wrote:

asking the important questions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Vogel
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qxc0 wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
TryRaptor wrote:

asking the important questions

While I haven't played it solo (yet), we did play with four players and I thought it was great! We're going on a quick trip this weekend, and Aeon's End is coming with my wife & me. We're hoping to play it again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Teirlinck
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
TryRaptor wrote:

I had fun and I'm not sure I won or not. Because the first game I make some mistakes against the rules. Still it where both close games.
Later on I played a couple of Solo mage random games and I will play some more in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.