Subject: Absorb Bonus and DL rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thierry Aradan
France
ASSAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There seems to be a subtle difference here between Moscow and Leningrad rules.

- In Moscow (#10.13) hits are absorbed in the order: 1) Area / 2) City / 3) DL, with any remaining hits destroying the DL, before affecting blocks.
In fact, I do not see any need for an order when absorbing hits, but it is nevertheless underlined !!

- In Leningrad #10.15, the new order is: 1) Area / 2) DL / 3) City, and only after that, Defending Blocks may be damaged.

Does that mean that once a DL has absorbed a hit, the next hit destroys the DL, and then the City starts absorbing remaining hits before blocks could be affected?

In other words, a DL has a capacity to neutralize two successive hits: the first one is absorbed and the second one destroys it. Cities give no protection to DL as in Moscow. Is that correct?

To add confusion, in the example of play (Leningrad) page 18 (#10.15.1) hits are first applied to the city before the DL…

Thierry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Thierry,

hits are first applied to the city before the DL.

Does it help?

emanuele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Aradan
France
ASSAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Emanuele, thank you.
So Leningrad #10.14 has to be amended to avoid confusion...

And I have never understood why an order is specified (and underlined).
You tally all bonus, then start applying remaining hits if there are more hits than absorb bonus (DL first).

And kudos for your games. I really enjoy Moscow'41, (although I have yet to see a German victory ) and I'm eagerly waiting for my first FtF Leningrad game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Thierry,

very kind from you. Yes this is something we need to add to the errata.

About the reason for the order? I do agree with you, as I did not see a reason for the order, however all the other persons involved in the rules Proofing wanted to provide a detailed order, so we choose the concept wanted by the many.

ALL THE BEST

emanuele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ULTIMO wrote:
Thank you Thierry,

very kind from you. Yes this is something we need to add to the errata.

About the reason for the order? I do agree with you, as I did not see a reason for the order, however all the other persons involved in the rules Proofing wanted to provide a detailed order, so we choose the concept wanted by the many.

ALL THE BEST

emanuele

I do believe an order is important, exactly for the reason mentioned above. Whether a hit is first applied to a city or first (twice) to a DL, thereby destroying it, would affect a subsequent battle in a following impulse. So do I still have the DL or is it gone now? (city only 1 absorb bonus- unless it's a victory city/ area- DL can take two hits).

Best solution to fist have the hits apply to the city, I'd say (as is Emanuele's ruling).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.