Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the card events allows Spain to place a Jesuit and specifically says to convert the space to Catholic.
Q: When placing Jesuits normally (i.e., with CP), does the space get converted to Catholic?

Related topic: The rule on placing operatives speaks of Jesuits helping Spain in respect of rules 19.4 (English Catholic Rebellion) and 18.5 (conversions). I understand the first of these (adds dice in the rebellion), but I can find nothing in 18.5 that indicates why a Jesuit would help (unless the answer to the Q above is 'yes').

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Delp
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

Why Jesuits help: Jesuits act like Catholic units in the Protestant conversion process; having a Jesuit present blocks 4s and 5s, requiring a 6 (major conversion) to flip the space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delp1871 wrote:
Why Jesuits help:

And they can't be killed in a battle or assault. However, they can be neutralized in an espionage roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delp1871 wrote:
No.

Why Jesuits help: Jesuits act like Catholic units in the Protestant conversion process; having a Jesuit present blocks 4s and 5s, requiring a 6 (major conversion) to flip the space.

aaaahhhh! I was only looking at the 'catholic' half of 18.5, not the 'protestant' half.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.