Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Fortune
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During my first play with friends of this game using all of the expansion, there were one or two instances in the game where nobody wanted to buy / or were able to buy any of the cards available.

So you get three cards face up to buy from each of the three levels correct? Are there any house rules or something that allow you to discard those and replace them with others?

Thanks for the advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can purchase the always available advancement - forgot the name - in three different positions and that's it.

There's got to be house rules in there, search the Variants section of the forum. But no, there is no way to cycle through advancements or Vales in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noblejohn wrote:
During my first play with friends of this game using all of the expansion, there were one or two instances in the game where nobody wanted to buy / or were able to buy any of the cards available.

So you get three cards face up to buy from each of the three levels correct? Are there any house rules or something that allow you to discard those and replace them with others?

Thanks for the advice.

One of the leader cards from the expansion has this as his ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb

I almost did a house rule where you can pay cost equal to the level to sweep the three cards from that level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador C. Majoral
Andorra
Argentona, Barcelona
flag msg tools
Razoupaf wrote:
You can purchase the always available advancement - forgot the name - in three different positions and that's it.

Fertile soil.

Even though it is always available you can't always buy it, because it's not for free. Besides, it is not always available because it can run out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am struggling to think how none of the players would want to buy any of the cards available. Are you playing the game correctly? Mana doesn't accumulate. You are wasting it if you do not use it each turn.

Players should be "pushing" when they have junk in fields to clear the way for better cards. E.g. If you have three cursed soil visible, push, and stop right away if you don't spoil, so as to leave the good card for next turn.

I just realized you said in your first play. That pretty much explains it. I have never personally seen it, but gaming novices, lack of awareness, and poor play could combine to make it seem as though no cards are worthwhile (or desired cards may seem unaffordable).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's nothing I want to buy (not happened yet) then I'll consider pushing...

1. My cards out only give me temporary mana and so it's no loss.
2. I don't have the symbols to pick up a vale with the current cards.
3. No points tokens will be gained from them.

But if any of the above aren't true, I'll still play the turn as you can gain ancillary things (like Vales and points) even if the market is rubbish right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.