Marco Signore
Italy
Napoli
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
finally my WW package has arrived, and so I am busy preparing all the components. So I was wondering: is there any ruleset to mix up the compnents for the two games, aside from the column on page 2 of the Dead Men Walking booklet (and, BTW, I'can't find the BGG entry for this expansion...)?
Also, is there any ruleset to create new adventures (that is to say, balancing monsters and so on)?

thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No limits outside of your own imagination. Nothing official for doing so either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve W
United States
Rio Medina
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd suggest looking carefully at the types of enemies/reserve pool/map layouts as reference for creating your own stuff. You'd hope that the decisions made were carefully thought out per chapter and once you begin to see the patterns, you can try to mimic them. For example, I believe it was deliberate that the designers did not include many ranged enemies in WW chapter 2. We added some and they wiped the Spear Bog Trogs almost immediately.

How many low level baddies are common? How many more difficult baddies are there. Do their numbers increase as you progress thru the chapters? Those are all the things I'd scrutinize looking at both games. From there you can probably make some good educated guesses and then playtest to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Grimstad
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also check event cards and villain activation cards to see how many villains activate each turn/round to keep it balanced. When I did chapter 1 I removed some ominous silence cards and replaced them with activate villain cards, this made the negative effects of swamp gas last longer than the original design intended and really made the blow gun trogs shine as they hid in the water and had to be reomved by melee instead of ranged attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Signore
Italy
Napoli
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how/when it is appropriate to bring in some of the villains.

Splitting up enemy groups has worked really well for us- we've only done it with more obvious ones so far (like the tamahawk gatormen).

The bosses and more elite units seem trickier to me- I'm not totally sure how best to incorporate them.

Part of me thinks it would be interesting to replace whole groups with a boss baddie or two (he'd just activate a lot extra).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve W
United States
Rio Medina
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
odinsgrandson wrote:
I'm not sure how/when it is appropriate to bring in some of the villains.

Splitting up enemy groups has worked really well for us- we've only done it with more obvious ones so far (like the tamahawk gatormen).

The bosses and more elite units seem trickier to me- I'm not totally sure how best to incorporate them.

Part of me thinks it would be interesting to replace whole groups with a boss baddie or two (he'd just activate a lot extra).

Someone on one of the forums had a great idea of placing a unit's boss at the back of their reserves. Once all enemies from the reserves had been killed, the boss would spawn next. I haven't played it that way yet but really liked the idea. It keeps it very simple aside from tracking the enemies in the reserve, which can easily be done by placing them behind the boss once they have been removed from the board. The boss would activate just like a normal unit of that type with the exception that they are both colors (sneaky job PP), very similar to the Boss rules for KS exclusive chapter 2.5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.