Subject: Gaming in and near Cumbernauld rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leonie Schwalb
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello fellow Boardgamegeeks,

I will be in Cumbernauld from the beginning of August until late octobre and I can't go that long without boardgames. Are there any boardgame groups who would welcome a visitor for the time I am in Scotland? I would love to meet people with the same hobby (and who could tell me, where to go for sightseeing)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there's Lanarkshire Gamers = we meet in Motherwell on the 1st & 3rd Saturday every month, but there may be something closer to the north of Cumbernauld...

Lanarkshire Gamers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forsaken One
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You pretty much have a choice between Motherwell (Lanarkshire Gamers) or Glasgow (G3 and some others that I forget, at the moment). I hope you have a car because getting to Motherwell from Cumbernauld in any good time is nigh on impossible thanks to the wonderful public transport arrangements in central Scotland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Stirling
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can also suggest in Antonine Board Gamers, we meet on the First Thusday of the Month in Kirkintilloch (approx. 15 mins from Cumbernauld by car) and the third Tuesday of the Month in Torrance (approx. 20 mins form Cumbernauld by car). More details can be found at our Facebook Group below:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/villageinngames/

Hope to see you there!

P.S. There is also Common Ground Games in Stirling (Approx 20 minute drive)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonie Schwalb
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone. I will try to check out all the groups I can reach, but I am not sure if I have a car. I will find out in August

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also a gaming group which meets in the Carrick Stone pub in the Antonine Centre every Monday night from 17.30 until closing time. Also there's gaming that takes place in Castle Comics store in the town centre.

The Cumbernauld Gamers FB page is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1272679246121928/

But I do hope you make it down to Motherwell to join us one Saturday, enjoy your visit!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.