7 Posts

Dune» Forums » Rules

Subject: WBC 2017 Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Miller
msg tools
mbmb
Can I get a link to the rules that will be used for WBC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris:
They'll be essentially the same as last year. Check out the preview page on the WBC site:

http://boardgamers.org/wbc17/previews/dun.html

Hope to see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaude Thomas
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tempus42 wrote:
Hi Chris:
They'll be essentially the same as last year. Check out the preview page on the WBC site:

http://boardgamers.org/wbc17/previews/dun.html

Hope to see you there!

Grrr... it can't be "World" because America is not the world! Dammit. (Yes, I'm bitter because I can never attend.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, people do come from a number of different countries, and the whole world is invited! (I know, I thought the name was a little over-reaching, too; I'm just used to it now.) The Dune regulars include a good bunch of Canadians, so I guess it's fair to say it's not just the U.S., at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
msg tools
mbmb
I will be there. Last year was my first year, and I can't wait for more.

And in terms of old AH games this is probably the biggest tournament run for it every year in the World, so it probably works.

Where it misses the mark is for games like Ticket to Ride and Catan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScalpHell
France
Lestrem
Hauts de France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tempus42 wrote:
Hey, people do come from a number of different countries, and the whole world is invited! (I know, I thought the name was a little over-reaching, too; I'm just used to it now.) The Dune regulars include a good bunch of Canadians, so I guess it's fair to say it's not just the U.S., at least.

Please do a video (even a little) this year!
Hoping every year see such tournament at Essen or Paris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darknico wrote:
tempus42 wrote:

Please do a video (even a little) this year!
Hoping every year see such tournament at Essen or Paris

Good idea, I'll see what I can do. It's usually a little hectic getting things started each round, but once players are seated and playing I could probably do a quick video if I'm not also playing. (I play if I'm needed to fill a seat, which is probably 50-75% of the time.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.