Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge

Hi fellas, I'm looking for some clarity on this rule 7.3.4.

Question: If my infantry units moves adjacent to an enemy infantry unit and that enemy unit is on the other side of a Major or Great River, do i still need to pay the additional 1MP?

I'm saying NO since that enemy infantry unit is on the other side of the Major River with no bridge to cross and would need a engineer to come across and since no engineer is stacked with them i shouldn't have to pay that additional 1MP.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

I am very new to GOSS but it doesn't list that as an exception?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Ashiefan wrote:

I agree with you, but sometimes things like this are missed and it would make sense if you didn't have to pay since the enemy unit can't get to you that is causing the additional MP cost.

For example: a rule was updated to state you can't put inf units in combat reserve if they were on the opposite side of a Major or Great river without a bridge to connect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Lewis
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claystone wrote:

Hi fellas, I'm looking for some clarity on this rule 7.3.4.

Question: If my infantry units moves adjacent to an enemy infantry unit and that enemy unit is on the other side of a Major or Great River, do i still need to pay the additional 1MP?

I'm saying NO since that enemy infantry unit is on the other side of the Major River with no bridge to cross and would need a engineer to come across and since no engineer is stacked with them i shouldn't have to pay that additional 1MP.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sounds logical to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Willing to teach games on my play list.
badge
Look at my game list and see if there is something you want to play and let's get to playing it.
mb
claystone wrote:
Ashiefan wrote:

I agree with you, but sometimes things like this are missed and it would make sense if you didn't have to pay since the enemy unit can't get to you that is causing the additional MP cost.

For example: a rule was updated to state you can't put inf units in combat reserve if they were on the opposite side of a Major or Great river without a bridge to connect.

Joseph,

13.7.3 only restricts use of CR units when crossing Major or Great Rivers. A ("regular") river does not block CR paths.

• The path of three hexes may not cross a Major or Great River. Bridges, fords, and engineers do not negate this restriction.

Doug

Red quote was inserted by me to help clarify the sentence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Joey or Gunny wrote:
claystone wrote:
Ashiefan wrote:

Joseph,

13.7.3 only restricts use of CR units when crossing Major or Great Rivers. A ("regular") river does not block CR paths.

• The path of three hexes may not cross a Major or Great River. Bridges, fords, and engineers do not negate this restriction.

Doug

Red quote was inserted by me to help clarify the sentence.

Joey I know this rule well I'm the one who brought this too light that caused this rule to be added.

My question is on something else

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Look at my game list and see if there is something you want to play and let's get to playing it.
mb
Your statement that bridges allowed Combat Reserves to act across Major and Great rivers made me wonder (because they can't) so I asked Doug and passed along his answer. Thought you'd appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Just received word from Joe that it does not cost and extra MP to move adjacent to the enemy if the enemy unit is behind a Major or Great river.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Is there somewhere central that these rulings are being posted to/collated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Doug is creating a new set of "living rules" with these (and many other) changes in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.