Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Everett
United States
Lorain
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Questioning the small secret passage's placement. The rules say that you can place a secret passage between 2 rooms that would not normally be connected. But it would be impossible to do this with the smallest passage. They HAVE to be connected. I understand that I could not place it if there was a 2nd door connecting both rooms, but it still seems to go against the rule of not normally being connected. Did I miss something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, you didn't miss anything. It is literally just an enhanced doorway. You place it on 2 rooms that could normally connect and then ignore penalties and double bonuses. simple.

The rule about not normally connecting, I think is more for the edge case that says you can place a secret passage after the initial placement if it would create a new connection. This way you don't have unlimited choices and freedom to place that small passageway late into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Everett
United States
Lorain
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iswearihaveajob wrote:
Nope, you didn't miss anything. It is literally just an enhanced doorway. You place it on 2 rooms that could normally connect and then ignore penalties and double bonuses. simple.

The rule about not normally connecting, I think is more for the edge case that says you can place a secret passage after the initial placement if it would create a new connection. This way you don't have unlimited choices and freedom to place that small passageway late into the game.

Ok, I got it now, thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am a little confused, is it possible to get a visual ref. to this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Everett
United States
Lorain
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheSpiceOfLife wrote:

Sure!

On your turn, you place the Tasso Room (Sleeping room) above the Throne Room (Living Room). You will get 3 points for placing the room, 2 for having it connected to a living room, and 2 from the Throne Room's connection bonus. Total of 7 points.

If you add the small secret passage the scoring would change. Still 3 from the placing the Tasso Room, but now 4 (2x 2pts) for the connection bonus from the Tasso Room and 8 from the Throne Room. Total 15 points.

The secret passage can be added at any time so the extra 6 points would be added whenever you place it.

Hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maeglin123 wrote:
The secret passage can be added at any time so the extra 6 points would be added whenever you place it.

Not quite true - the secret passage has to connect to the room that you’ve placed that turn, so you wouldn’t be able to add it here on a subsequent turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Everett
United States
Lorain
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
maeglin123 wrote:

Not quite true - the secret passage has to connect to the room that you’ve placed that turn, so you wouldn’t be able to add it here on a subsequent turn.

Ooh, my bad. I edited it to fix it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maeglin123 wrote:
TheSpiceOfLife wrote:

Sure!

and 2 from the Throne Room's connection bonus. Total of 7 points.

Would it not be 4 point from the Throne room's connection bonus?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Everett
United States
Lorain
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheSpiceOfLife wrote:
maeglin123 wrote:
TheSpiceOfLife wrote:

Sure!

and 2 from the Throne Room's connection bonus. Total of 7 points.

Would it not be 4 point from the Throne room's connection bonus?

No, both rooms get doubled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.