Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any game setups where there are wounds placed in the Villain Deck because of scheme, mastermind, villain effects, etc?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I know of, unless you note customs. I have a scheme that utilizes them as tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
overhaul wrote:
Are there any game setups where there are wounds placed in the Villain Deck because of scheme, mastermind, villain effects, etc?

I don't think there are any that place Wounds in the Villain Deck, but there are Master Strikes that become Mastermind Tactics (Mysterio), Wounds that become Master Strikes (Stryfe), Villains that become Heroes (lots of sets now, but started with GOTG), and Heroes that become Villains (various Schemes).

Are you looking at using colored sleeves with different backs to denote different decks/piles? If so, the general consensus on BGG is that you're much better off using one color of sleeves (or clear) for the very reason noted above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
Not that I know of, unless you note customs. I have a scheme that utilizes them as tokens.

Yeah, my old custom Shadow King Mastermind had Master Strikes that put Wounds into the Villain Deck and became Master Strikes once drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick responses I was trying to design some custom characters. I was trying to come up with a good way to do an "infiltrator" mechanic and possible keyword with some characters like Antman, Wasp, Morph, Mystique, etc. I considered shuffling in a hero card, a bystander, or a wound to create that effect. Ultimately I think a wound card might work best because it wouldn't effect gameplay in any other way. I know some people have had similar ideas about an infiltrator mechanic before (dontfeedthegreen's custom Antman rare card for instance) but I have not yet come across one that did it in this specific way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
overhaul wrote:
Thanks for the quick responses I was trying to design some custom characters. I was trying to come up with a good way to do an "infiltrator" mechanic and possible keyword with some characters like Antman, Wasp, Morph, Mystique, etc. I considered shuffling in a hero card, a bystander, or a wound to create that effect. Ultimately I think a wound card might work best because it wouldn't effect gameplay in any other way. I know some people have had similar ideas about an infiltrator mechanic before (dontfeedthegreen's custom Antman rare card for instance) but I have not yet come across one that did it in this specific way.

It would affect gameplay in those schemes where you have a limited number of Wounds and lose the game if the wound stack runs out (Legacy Virus, Anti-Mutant Hatred, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:

It would affect gameplay in those schemes where you have a limited number of Wounds and lose the game if the wound stack runs out (Legacy Virus, Anti-Mutant Hatred, etc).

Thats a good point. I had considered the same issue as I had played the new Mojo Death trap scheme last night where the wounds are limited and that is actually how I lost. I couldnt recall how many schemes had this issue though. I was considering having the wound cards return to the bottom of the wound deck so they wouldnt be completely removed from the game but it is still a definite issue to consider. Thanks for the input. I do appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the addition of token cards to X-Men you can have things represented by tokens rather than wounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.