Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Lewis
United States
Knoxville
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all,
I am looking for the old lore for this game. When you would go to their old website, each card had a detailed story and background (for example, the eyeballs for the skeletal archers. Each eye could be upwards of 500 years old because they would pop it out and give it to a different archer. This is why the artwork for the skeletal archers only ever showed one eyeball in the skull. I freaking love that!). Anyway, I can't find it. Does anyone out there have an old html of the website saved, or by chance have a text file of the backstory and lore for this game? No luck on this side. Can't even find the old audiobooks for their short stories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Green
United Kingdom
Luton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Richard,

Back when I helped demo the Lords of War game I uploaded all of the audiobooks into Boardgamegeek so if you look under Orcs versus Dwarves video section they should be there. Regarding the website it has been down for a long time now and the company has closed so I don't think you will be able to get this information anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
morrinuk wrote:
Hi Richard,

Back when I helped demo the Lords of War game I uploaded all of the audiobooks into Boardgamegeek so if you look under Orcs versus Dwarves video section they should be there. Regarding the website it has been down for a long time now and the company has closed so I don't think you will be able to get this information anymore.

Any chance we might find out someday what happened? The only thing I've heard was some legal issues and/or gag order? It's a shame, LoW is a fun game and was gaining some great momentum with each KS... plus I have this huge box to hold it all and there is soooo much empty space.

EDIT: More digging turned this up.. bummer.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1484030/news-black-box-game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.