United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried going to the website, but that domain is up for renewal. I tried PMing Martyn, but no response yet. Is this game too old to find the expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ld paulson

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion and its rules -- the Signalpost -- is only available as a download.

Given the circumstances, have you tried using The Internet Archive's The Wayback Machine to retrieve the files?

It looks as if the last time the site was crawled was in 2014 and not all of the pages were crawled, but it's worth a shot.

Barring that, perhaps propose a trade with someone who has the rules and extra tiles if Martyn F is unresponsive.

Good luck!

ETA: Grammar!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
piman wrote:
None of the expansions are, or have been, purchasable products.

Aha...that's why I can't find them.for.sale. will have to try looking around. Anybody have them that can email them to me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't even figure out how to get the base game. Sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
valzi wrote:

Just ordered it from.agame surplus two days ago. Should be here Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
valzi wrote:
Michael, it's available at: https://www.gamesurplus.com/

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Their stock is so expensive and now I need to get my order up to $90! ACK. Maybe. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
valzi wrote:
Their stock is so expensive and now I need to get my order up to $90! ACK. Maybe. Thanks!

What? I paid $25.00 plus shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maddest Hatter wrote:
valzi wrote:

What? I paid 325.00 plus shipping.

?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
valzi wrote:
Maddest Hatter wrote:
valzi wrote:

What? I paid 325.00 plus shipping.

?

LOL! Typing on phone gets me every time,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
32.50? That's pretty expensive for the components that come in that box. Shipping makes it even more expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
valzi wrote:
32.50? That's pretty expensive for the components that come in that box. Shipping makes it even more expensive.

I guess it's a judgement call. I've seen a lot of games with a ton of blingy components whose actual game was terrible. The other side of the coin is a game that seem overpriced based solely on the components. But the game itself is easily worth the money to me.

In the end, if you need to feel like you're getting a lot of "stuff" to justify a purchase price, then that's fine. But I see people spend far more than $32.50 on a single card for a CCG.

If you're hoping to find a used copy for $15.00 with free shipping you just might have to skip Limes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
valzi wrote:
Rather than go down the whether the raw materials in a game are 'worth' the cost of the game path, I offer you this:

If you plan to play solo, split the game with someone. You need exactly half the parts per player.

Many $$ saved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maddest Hatter wrote:
valzi wrote:

I guess it's a judgement call. I've seen a lot of games with a ton of blingy components whose actual game was terrible. The other side of the coin is a game that seem overpriced based solely on the components. But the game itself is easily worth the money to me.

In the end, if you need to feel like you're getting a lot of "stuff" to justify a purchase price, then that's fine. But I see people spend far more than $32.50 on a single card for a CCG.

If you're hoping to find a used copy for $15.00 with free shipping you just might have to skip Limes.

I already own a copy which I got for much less within the last year. I don't expect to pay $15, but $45ish (not $32.50) is quite a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
valzi wrote:
Maddest Hatter wrote:
valzi wrote:

I already own a copy which I got for much less within the last year. I don't expect to pay $15, but $45ish (not $32.50) is quite a lot.

For $32.00 I wanted to try it. It looked like a game a friend and I would enjoy. And we do. I would pay $45.00 now that I know we'll get a lot of plays out of it. For me I've always justified a games price. Y how much table time it gets. Limes was/is worth it to me. It I can see how others might scoff at it due to it's relatively sparse contents.

If it was more popular I imagine it would be cheaper and easy to find. But, thats gaming for ya.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn F
Sweden
Kungälv
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Designer of board games with a bite...
mbmbmbmbmb
Maddest Hatter wrote:
I tried going to the website, but that domain is up for renewal. I tried PMing Martyn, but no response yet. Is this game too old to find the expansions?

There was a fault with the automatic renewal of my certificate (or something like that).

You can find all downloads again at:
http://martynf.com/limes/variants/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
piman wrote:
You can order it from Amazon.de for $13.40 + $16.80 shipping (to Minnesota). $45 is too expensive.

That's about 1.00 less than I paid at game surplus. Even used it's not much cheaper. Not sure he w much cheaper the poster expects to find it for. Ah well, it'll be there for the next person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blaise Grimes-Viort
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone printed these expansions? How did you do so? Would love to have them printed on material that resembles the game cards, or even professionally but can't find anywhere that does the same square sizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn F
Sweden
Kungälv
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried a print shop and have them print the files at thicker (glossy) paper? (And actual size)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blaise Grimes-Viort
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet Martyn, was hoping to manage it using my home printer or an easy system like Artscow. But yes good call. My guess though is I could print using similar paper at home? I have a Canon Pixma, which prints good quality photos so assume it must be about possible!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn F
Sweden
Kungälv
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That could work too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.