Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered the Top Shelf tokens. However, they only furnish 20 of each. The game comes with 30 of each wine, coffee, strudel and cake cubes. Do you think I will run out of tokens during the course of play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With 20 tokens of each kind I don't think you would run out except maybe in a four player game. Just keep a few cubes in the box for the rare time when you need them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Top Shelf Gamer tokens are simply stunning. So I decided to use 15mm wooden discs in the same colors as the dishes and drinks cubes as "counters" similar to how the round chits are used in Axis and Allies. In this way one token can be placed on top of a stack of discs in order to denote multiples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If i recall correctly, no guest requires more than three of a type. I can't remember how many of those guests there are, but tbe maximum number of guest waiting service is three, I'd figure any number beyond 36 per type would require active hoarding without intention to serve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my Stonemaier upgrade tokens for this and Caylus. I didn't bother to check beforehand to see if the same amount of tokens would be included as the in-game cubes they're designed to replace. It truly baffles me why they would provide 20 of each to replace the 30 in the game. For Caylus, there are also 20 of each token instead of the 28 cubes in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chestond wrote:
I just received my Stonemaier upgrade tokens for this and Caylus. I didn't bother to check beforehand to see if the same amount of tokens would be included as the in-game cubes they're designed to replace. It truly baffles me why they would provide 20 of each to replace the 30 in the game. For Caylus, there are also 20 of each token instead of the 28 cubes in the game.

I'd bet you'll be fine except for maybe a rare 4-player game that would require more than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you're right. Will be playing it for the first time later next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Croft
United States
Smithfield
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the top shelf tokens too, they are gorgeous, and improve the game a lot in my opinion. If they were to increase the token count to 30 each, they would have had to price the set a lot higher. Therefore I appreciate that they cut down on the tokens, as 30 would have been unnecessary since grand austria is a terrible game with 4 players. With 2 players, 20 is perfect. We haven't come close to running out. It is more likely you would try to complete guest's orders to get them out of your cafe, rather than hoard them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear, Kelly. I plan on playing at 2-3 player only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.