Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Gummelt
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
As far as I can tell, the tortoise (or turtle) is mentioned nowhere in the rule book. I would assume it's just a cosmetic choice like the cat/dog, but it has an extra icon that looks like it can skip an empty space for free. But it's not mentioned or explained anywhere in the rules (unlike the platypus on page 37)

Anyone know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Look in the Advanced Town rules on page 36. They let you skip an empty space each turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See P 36 of the rulebook, Advanced town (the day side of the town board), in the Stables section.

The tortoise costs a gem, and works like a pack bird other than also allowing you to skip one empty space when travelling without paying a heart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Schwenksville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On s we got to map 5 on the campaign we decided to use the advanced town rules. They are quite helpful and almost needed in the later maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gummelt
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Ah, makes sense! Thanks for all the replies. We're on the first adventure and did not read the rules past that as we were all eager to get playing. I did scan the rest of the rules looking for some picture, box or mention of the tortoise but couldn't find it. Thanks again!

BTW, do any of you know if your turn is over when you fight or get a treasure or do a quest or Camp - even if you have move spaces left?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
When adventuring, your turn is over if you fail a fight, or you put down a camp, or you decide to end it "early".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gummelt
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Okay, that's what we thought, too, we just couldn't find the explicit verbiage that says that. In fairness, I have my allergies pretty bad today and I was the rules reader...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenna Asplund
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mgummelt wrote:

BTW, do any of you know if your turn is over when you fight or get a treasure or do a quest or Camp - even if you have move spaces left?

If you collect a treasure, you can keep moving.

If you fight a threat, you can keep moving. Unless you lose, in which case you have to return to the space you were trying to leave and your turn ends immediately (you cannot spend time building a camp or doing any quests on the space you've been forced to return to).

If you do a quest, your movement ends. After you've completed the quest, you cannot choose to continue moving to a different space. However, you can still build a camp on the space where you did the quest if you so choose.

If you build a camp, your turn immediately ends. Building a camp is always the last step of your turn out on the map (if you choose to and are able to build a camp).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.