Popular Tags: [View All]
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally, after so long the game is out into the light. Some people say everything we create is an experience worth living and I am so happy to have found the right partner to print the game.

So without further ado:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1898956467/pepper-and-c...

What is Pepper and Carrot: The Potion Contest ?

The Potion Contest is an abstract puzzle game where you are in the role of witches competing to create the 3 recipes of obscure potions to win the contest.

Each player will get a personal board, a cash of 18 ingredient tokens and 3 personal orders. Each token has arrows pointing to 2 up to 3 diferent perpendicular directions.

Players will random their ingredient tokens and then a random set of the same 18 ingredient tokens (with no arrows) will be distributed in the main board to create 3 recipes.

After that the main action deck will be shuffled and 3 orders will be placed visible under the main board with the one to the right being the order for the turn.

On each turn players will use the action of the card to do one of 3 things:

- Rotate one of their ingredients 90 degrees left or right
- Swap to adjacent ingredients
- Push an entire line up or down placing the removed ingredient on the space left.

Once all the players have done the action corresponding to the card, the next card in line will become the Order for the turn.

Also players will have 3 basic orders they can use to do a different action from the one defined in the main order. This cards are one use only.

Any player completing a recipe will gain a Carrot token of the recipe row completed.

And that´s it. The player that completes the 3 recipes first wins. In case of a tie the one that used fewer personal orders will be the winner or if the tie persists you will have multiple winners.

What is so great about this game ?

d10-1 First of all it has 3 level of difficulty and also has been tested quite enough to create a table of balance so if an expert player is competing against newbies there will be some rules he is subject to balance the game more (for example, she can´t use personal orders)

d10-2 You can play this game with more than 4 players up to any number as long as you have enough tokens, meaning if you have 2 boxes you will be able to play with 8 players, with 3 up to 12, etc. With almost no extra downtime as all players will have to use the same main order in their turn.

d10-3 The purpose of this game is not just passing the time but also to help you understand the way your brain works but making explicit that "eureka" moment when you understand something you missed before. In the beginning it will be difficult to see but when it happens you will notice. That means your game has become smarter by connecting and focusing into a puzzle solving game right before your eyes.

d10-4 The combinations are always random so each game you will have different setups with different challenges.

d10-5 It has SOLITARY CHALLENGING RULES so when you have no other players to play with you can still play against the system time to become better and show your new skills on the next game.

d10-6 If the kickstarter goes well, there are several mini expansions waiting in line to make this an even more replayable game.

d10-7 If the first social goal is unlocked the Print and Play will be distributed for free so you can try the game before buying it.

d10-8 Just check this amazing review Undead Viking did! Thank you so much Lance for the quality time!!

Finally is this game for children or adults ?

This game is for both. You can play with your kids and have a fun time or you can play competitively with friends and have quite a challenge.

The game is very simple to learn and teach but difficult to master. In the beginning you will do your best to create, probably, the first recipe. Then you will start focusing on using the orders to accomodate 2 recipes on the same move and then you will start thinking so ahead you will be able to see the 3 recipes unfold in your board and then become MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE AND CREATE YOUR OWN WORLD FULL OF FANTASTIC CREATURES AND A WIZARD NAMED BOB WHO WILL BE YOUR FIRST WORKSHIPER AND... mmm... okeeeyy, back to the description...

The Potion contest is LANGUAGE INDEPENDANT so anyone can play the game as there is no text in the cards or on the tiles.

Final notes

It´s important for me to tell you why i created this game. I love adventure, mystery and horror games. My next game will be in fact some of those things but I think it´s important to continuosly develop our capacities to avoid mental diseases when we are old and found this way is an excellent way to do so. The constant analysis of patterns, decision paths and competition will help you achieve a healthy brain function in such a small package. Of course it´s not the only game that help you do so, but it´s my contribution to the possibilities.

So I hope you enjoy it and have fun with all your love ones!

All the best!!

Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Þráinn Gunnlaugur Þorsteinsson
Iceland
Hafnarfjörður
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome! I just found the KS page and quickly went through the webcomics as well. The art is fantastic and gameplay looks really nice, I backed immediatly!

EDIT: Just to let you know, the Undead Viking video doesnt work in your post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, thrainn, thanks for the message. Already corrected the link and we will include a the variant game lance played also in the social pledges.

It shows the system is solid as well as versatile to allow you to modify difficulty levels and competitive gameplay to your needs. That is why we are offering the system as Open and permissive.

This means that you can make expansions, spin offs, or add on's to this game. All of the new Witches from our game are open and may be added to the world of Pepper & Carrot, and are open to anyone's use.

It´s a fun way to keep developing the game into new directions and possibilities. But as it is you will find it´s always a different challenge and with the mini expansions you will have a game that will never be the same (unless you play it all the time, all day, all the weeks of the month for a year and a billion thousand lifes... well, maybe not that much... but you get the point )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johnathan P
Canada
rockwood
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello thank you Thrainn

Really excited for your support! It is a surprisingly tricky game. On the surface it appears straight forward, but once you realize you are trying to plan three different recipes at the same time....it can get interesting to say the least. I think Will said it best, "A real brain burner."

Thanks for all the support.
Loyalist Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.