Thomas Knight
New Zealand
Te Awamutu
flag msg tools
Kokako says:
badge
My board games bring all the girls to the yard
mbmbmbmbmb
They just started the Kickstarter for the second edition- only 500 copies more or 20% more than the number of backers will be printed, so grab it now if you always wanted a copy and missed out on the first run (like me): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cwali/habitats-2nd-edit...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerod S.
United States
Mount Vernon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man that is tempting. I have played it once. But I am just not convinced it is worth $43 or 38 euros. :/

EDIT: but thanks for the heads up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter has started for a limited run of the second editionj
This is fantastic!!! This game is amazing and it deserves a way larger audience. Evem though I already own it, I am going to procure another copy and add something else to it. I really wish Corne would add Factory Funner as an add on this campaign. Come on buddy, if you read, please add Factory Funner!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek McCabe
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lumpfuggit wrote:
Man that is tempting. I have played it once. But I am just not convinced it is worth $43 or 38 euros. :/

It's actually only 22 euros per the Kickstarter page if you pickup in Essen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg Wolgast
Sweden
Lund
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SapoLJackson wrote:
This is fantastic!!! This game is amazing and it deserves a way larger audience. Evem though I already own it, I am going to procure another copy and add something else to it. I really wish Corne would add Factory Funner as an add on this campaign. Come on buddy, if you read, please add Factory Funner!!!

I agree, without the cute animal figures, that's about the only thing I can think of that would make me back it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heidi S.
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree. I think I found the same ceramic animals on ebay. Search for Thailand miniature ceramic animal. Sort by lowest price. If there's a particular one you want then search for it by name instead of 'animal'. The ceramic animals are really cheap - $1-$3 each including shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Brussel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those on the fence about the game play: we played it 20 times since receiving it in October 2016. Very pleased with the purchase: the game is fun, looks great, very little downtime and a short playing time, and still interesting even for hardcore gamers.

I can heartily recommend it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
I've wanted one of these since I missed the original KS. So glad he's doing a reprint. I should get this and Powerships right around the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerod S.
United States
Mount Vernon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheLegoPirate wrote:
Lumpfuggit wrote:

LOL $$$ ... yeah I know. Even though going to Essen is a goal of mine, that just isn't feasible this year. Plus I have been a part of kickstarters that failed to deliver at their previously appointed convention. Not personally, but have read the updates, and thought, wow that's going to suck! So I am not a big fan of that sort of push-your luck element. I will leave that mechanic for the games I play, not so much the ones I buy. Just backing (trusting) on kickstarter is enough for me.

However, after looking through some of the add on games that they have listed (and I had never heard of before) I think I may consider picking up a couple of those since it is no additional shipping. That will help spread the expense, and I can stomach that better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lumpfuggit wrote:
TheLegoPirate wrote:
Lumpfuggit wrote:

LOL $$$ ... yeah I know. Even though going to Essen is a goal of mine, that just isn't feasible this year. Plus I have been a part of kickstarters that failed to deliver at their previously appointed convention. Not personally, but have read the updates, and thought, wow that's going to suck! So I am not a big fan of that sort of push-your luck element. I will leave that mechanic for the games I play, not so much the ones I buy. Just backing (trusting) on kickstarter is enough for me.

However, after looking through some of the add on games that they have listed (and I had never heard of before) I think I may consider picking up a couple of those since it is no additional shipping. That will help spread the expense, and I can stomach that better.

I like Gipsy King, def looks like a game I'll like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerod S.
United States
Mount Vernon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SapoLJackson wrote:
I like Gipsy King, def looks like a game I'll like.

Yeah that is definitely a contender. It kind of reminds me of Samurai, but I think it is maybe different enough??

I am also interested in Mayday! Mayday!, Sun, Sea & Sand, and poooooosibly BasketBoss. I am not sure BB would go over well or be liked by my group well enough to justify picking it up. Maybe I could look for it cheep elsewhere on sale or via a math trade, but not at full price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M B
United States
Athol
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first time hearing about the game. From a newcomer's perspective it appears this new print run is of lesser quality.
The first runs ceramic animals now become wooden people to lay flat on the tiles.
I am missing something, or is this game so good the little things do not matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Knight
New Zealand
Te Awamutu
flag msg tools
Kokako says:
badge
My board games bring all the girls to the yard
mbmbmbmbmb
Faithful wrote:
This is my first time hearing about the game. From a newcomer's perspective it appears this new print run is of lesser quality.
The first runs ceramic animals now become wooden people to lay flat on the tiles.
I am missing something, or is this game so good the little things do not matter?

If having the ceramic animals are terribly important to you, there is a thread about where to buy them for next to nothing, and then you would essentially have the first edition game: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1687995/place-get-more-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that this crowfund does well, I will do "ranger" meeples instead of normal meeples. And more important: these will be bigger (33mm), which plays comfortable and will look cool.
These player figures represent the players, who are park builders. The ceramic animals in the 1st edition were an escape because it was too late to produce wooden parts at that time. (Today the knifes for this are ordered to lose no time with production after 31 July.)
I personally like the rangers better for this game, though the ceramic animals were special too.
The price is lower because the material makes no limit to the number of games (though with the current funding it will be only 500+ games), and because of the costs of the ceramic animals (and bubblewrap packing).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerod S.
United States
Mount Vernon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the ceramic animals were definitely unique, and gave it a little charm. But I wasn't that big of a fan. They weren't all that "pretty" really. I for one will be happier with wooden ranger meeples.

THANKS for the upgrade on those meeples also Corné !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Tomsett
United Kingdom
Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if it's going to have the Dice Tower Seal of Excellence stamp on the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dreddric wrote:
I wonder if it's going to have the Dice Tower Seal of Excellence stamp on the box?

Just curious, how would that change anything? Legit question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cwali wrote:
Now that this crowfund does well, I will do "ranger" meeples instead of normal meeples. And more important: these will be bigger (33mm), which plays comfortable and will look cool.
These player figures represent the players, who are park builders. The ceramic animals in the 1st edition were an escape because it was too late to produce wooden parts at that time. (Today the knifes for this are ordered to lose no time with production after 31 July.)
I personally like the rangers better for this game, though the ceramic animals were special too.
The price is lower because the material makes no limit to the number of games (though with the current funding it will be only 500+ games), and because of the costs of the ceramic animals (and bubblewrap packing).

Niiiiiice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Tomsett
United Kingdom
Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SapoLJackson wrote:
dreddric wrote:

Just curious, how would that change anything? Legit question

It wouldn't change anything, it's just nice to show that it has received such an accolade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I started a Kickstarter for *Roll to the Top!* (game is in the submission queue at BGG) where 15 Habitats 2nd edition games are available for adding to your pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
2 copies now remain available at that current Kickstarter together with *Roll-To-The-Top!* and 2 more together with *Powerships* too.
If you want to try out *Roll-To-The-Top!* first, there is a great online version programmed, to play with AI or other players: HTTP://rolltothetop.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.