Popular Tags: [View All]
Dreux Barbier
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to thank the post service once again for busting up a Kickstarter game I've received. This time it looks like the box corners were used for a game of basketball. Or should I complain that there's ZERO PADDING for the corners? I'm blaming both right now. They both should have done a proper job, and neither did.

Any chance they have extra boxes so I can get a decent one? Is there any point in asking for one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All you need to do is fill out the form here:

http://www.shipnaked.com/replacements
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ship Naked does seem fond of using boxes with zero room for padding. My two copies were a very snug fit indeed. But luckily they arrived safely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not just ShipNaked, many others do this.

At least GMT packages their games with lots of packing peanuts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mortimer Brewster

Gold Hill
North Carolina
msg tools
Two games, very snug box and only the slightest crimping on one corner of one box. Giving my daughter the "pristine "copy and keeping the dinged one for myself. I'll count myself lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You'd think the cost for that bit of extra shipping protection would far outweigh the man-hours, materials and reshipment involved in replacement. Maybe it doesn't.

I just hope that my copy of Darkest Night arrives fine, like my Nemo box, since VPG will most likely use Ship Naked again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My shipping box was beat to hell, but the game was unscathed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, mine looked like the corner of the bottom of pushed in. Didn't matter. It's a box. Upsetting when you pay $67, sure, you want it in absolutely pristine condition.

But it's a box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lhowser wrote:

But it's a pretty box.

FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Durgin
United States
Tijeras
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I get a banged up box from Ship Naked, I always request a replacement from them. They take their chances by using scanty padding (it's right in their name!) so that means they also need to pony up replacements when their "Naked" strategy fails them.

When I received a slightly damaged box that was not via Ship Naked, assuming the box was well packaged but just had some misadventures during shipping, then I generally won't ask the KS company to replace it. Last time this happened, I used some packing tape to stabilize/repair it and moved on.

My Nemo's War box came in great condition, fortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.