Hide
10 Posts

For the People» Forums » General

Subject: 2nd Printing vs Later Printing Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Briggs
United States
Fairborn (WPAFB and Fairfield Mall area)
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just acquired the 2nd printing of FTP. The only difference I can see right off the bat is the number of strategy cards ... 110 vs 130. I have downloaded the living rules and will use those instead of the ones included to learn to play.

QUESTIONS:
-Is there any other major differences I have missed?
-Is there any way to buy the expanded set of strategy cards?
-What, if anything, would the community feel is valuable to the best experience for the game?

(please post me a link if I just being blind and these issues have already been discussed).

EDIT: The box clearly lists 110 strategy cards, but after looking through the cards I see 130 ... I am lucky or the 2006 box is wrong. WINNING!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark has said elsewhere multiple times that each edition works on its own, and I'd say don't hesitate to play 2nd ed. right out of the box.

If you want to use the variants from the 2006 edition, most don't require extra markers, and the Operations Queue markers can easily be proxied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Briggs
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I will jump right in and get started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pepe lepew
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say the 2nd edition has all the 130 cards. It was the 1st one that came with 110, as far as I can remember.

The difference between the 2nd and 3rd is the mounted map plus some variant counters that come with the latter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chokin wrote:
I would say the 2nd edition has all the 130 cards. It was the 1st one that came with 110, as far as I can remember.

The difference between the 2nd and 3rd is the mounted map plus some variant counters that come with the latter.

If I recall correctly (though I could be wrong), 1st edition was AH, then GMT did an edition around 2000 that was very similar, followed in 2006 by the revamped 3rd edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pepe lepew
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is yet another version from 2015, which is the 3rd by GMT, and meant no major change from the previous (2006).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jeff,

I think if you got 130 cards you have the most recent version of the game, however I believe there were rules tweaks so you may want to download the latest rules from GMT Games. There is also a card manifest on the For the People page.

Rules
http://www.gmtgames.com/nnfp/FTP-rules-2014.pdf

Card Manifest
http://www.gmtgames.com/nnfp/2006FtPcards.pdf

I hope you enjoy the game. It certainly is one of my favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chokin wrote:
There is yet another version from 2015, which is the 3rd by GMT, and meant no major change from the previous (2006).

Yes, as far as I'm aware it's been essentially the same since 2006.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Briggs
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have watched Mark Hermann's video play through and a couple of other reviews. I am about half way through the downloaded rules. I did find a mounted board on Amazon for $25, that should arrive Monday. Except for a couple of variant counters I think I am ready for a solo play test. This will be followed by the teaching of family members. This doesn't look that complicated but does look like a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Maltsensation wrote:
EDIT: The box clearly lists 110 strategy cards, but after looking through the cards I see 130 ... I am lucky or the 2006 box is wrong. WINNING!

I recently bought the 3rd Printing of this game, and the box bottom still says "110 Strategy Cards"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.