7 Posts

Vast: The Crystal Caverns» Forums » Rules

Subject: About revealing / adding extra tiles from pushing effects rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto Sandoval
El Salvador
flag msg tools

On this example, If I push with the Dragon up to 5 Tiles the Knight, this effect may cause to add new dark tiles to complete the Dragon Action?? And of course that tiles should be revealed at the instant adding extra tiles to the sides if required.

On this image, if the Goblins push the knight, its correct turn to the left to complete the pushing action?? Or the Knight should stop on the first wall she makes contact??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Knight cannot be pushed into dark tiles, and no players can be pushed off the map, so pushing will never add new tiles.

None of the various pushing effects make it mandatory to move the target the full distance, so if they reach a point that prevents further movement, they must stop.

If the Knight is pushed onto a tile with an Event token, she must stop there and she must resolve it on her next turn before moving away.

Things can be pushed around corners. Straight lines are required only if the ability specifically says so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woelf wrote:

If the Knight is pushed onto a tile with an Event token, she must stop there and she must resolve it on her next turn before moving away.

This relates to a question I had while reading the rules (have yet to bring Vast to the table): What happens if the Knight gets pushed again before the start of their turn? In other words, the first push terminates on the tile, but since the rules say this happens when the Knight enters a tile, I presume a second push wouldn't be inhibited by the unresolved event, yeah?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Woelf wrote:

This relates to a question I had while reading the rules (have yet to bring Vast to the table): What happens if the Knight gets pushed again before the start of their turn? In other words, the first push terminates on the tile, but since the rules say this happens when the Knight enters a tile, I presume a second push wouldn't be inhibited by the unresolved event, yeah?

I'm guessing they can't leave the tile until the event is dealt with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dsdhornet wrote:

I'm guessing they can't leave the tile until the event is dealt with.

The rule, as written in the English language rulebook, states:

If she enters a space with an Event token, she must stop.

Read literally, this wouldn't apply if the knight was standing on an unresolved event token when the forced movement was applied (i.e. they aren't entering the space, and the conditional -- as written -- applies to the entering only).

I'm just curious what the official take is. I'm sure this won't arise often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
The Knight must stop when she hits an Event token during a forced move, but she can be pushed off that tile with another separate use of a power/ability/etc. that moves her.

If she's no longer on the Event token when her turn starts, she doesn't have to deal with it unless she returns to it later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Sandoval
El Salvador
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone for your answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.