1x Belisarius the Tactician
1x The Oracle
3x Palace Sphinx
2x Sanctuary Wyrm
2x Ishtar’s Harvest
1x The Parthenon
3x Divine Resurrection
1x Double Agent

Today’s deck that I wanted to showcase to you is what I call the “Survive” Deck. This deck is all about outlasting your opponents and to come back once they have spent all of their resources trying to take you out. I designed this deck to resist the more rush down decks while also including enough card build up and combos to overpower other control style decks that I have to face.

The beginning stages of this deck are the build up stage. Sanctuary decks trying to outlast their opponents always tend to suffer in the beginning due to weaker creatures under their control. This is no exception; to counteract more aggressive decks I have included Unhinged Alchemists and Terracotta Warriors. The Alchemists help clear the field of unwanted foes while the Terracotta Warriors block off aggressive enemies. Terracotta Warriors are not exceptionally tough or strong but with the ability to create mini card versions of themselves they can provide me a stable source of defenders. A common mistake I tend to see is people get too anxious about taking damage and throwing away Terracottas too early. Do not do that; you deck is designed for the long haul along with building up a steady line of defenders to resist your opponent's attacks. Taking a few points of damage to keep your defenders alive is a fine strategy.

As we move to the middle parts of the game we have Golem Brigades and Legionary Forts that will provide a solid defense to block off even the most vicious attackers while you use your Heal and Regenerate Schemes to Restore back those lost cards from the early game.

As we move to the late game, the combos and overpowering start to take place. Cards like Berserker Horde and Youthful Trolls swell with strength as you provide them with Blessing counters from The Parthenon. Ishtar’s Harvest provide relentless Restores every turn as your opponent’s flail about trying to reduce the impact of your healing. Finally cards like Sanctuary Wyrm and Belisarius the Tactician swoop in and deal massive damage at the end of the game as your foes struggle to deal with them. In Belisarius case, Blessing counters provided by the Oracle can have him deal a staggering nine damage a turn with Stealth; more than enough to finish off a foe so late in the battle.

So if you want to run a deck that can survive through the collapse of the Roman Empire and thrive in the Dark Ages to come this deck is for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.