Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like I can't get through a play session without a rules question, here's the latest one:

During Mission 4 I've run into a situation where a German soldier should move, but there is no red movement reference for the corresponding hex!

GE6 was placed in V15 during condition 2. At the start of the next round an event triggered condition 3. At GE6's next activation the paragraph instructed him to snap fire and then move as quickly as possible, but the condition 3 card for mission 4 does not list where to go from V15.

I've tried to investigate what happened without running into too many spoilers, and I think the problem is that in condition 2 GE6 will never be instructed to move and in condition 3 he would have been placed in S13 instead (from where he could move)
In other words, the only way to run into this situation is to deploy GE6 in condition 2 and go to condition 3 before killing him.

Seems the best way to quickly keep going is to just place GE6 in S13, he's only been on the map one turn and I guess my soldiers guessed wrong where the shots came from

Anybody else ran into this situation or one like it before?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't recall running into that. Your proposed solution makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Florissant
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Part savage, part savant, with a dash of satanic seasoning
mbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
During Mission 4 I've run into a situation where a German soldier should move, but there is no red movement reference for the corresponding hex!

GE6 was placed in V15 during condition 2. At the start of the next round an event triggered condition 3. At GE6's next activation the paragraph instructed him to snap fire and then move as quickly as possible, but the condition 3 card for mission 4 does not list where to go from V15.

Check out this awesome errata page.

http://flyhi.de/games/ambush2.html

Quote:
Mission Cards (Corrections) [Err87]
Mission 4 (Conditions 3, 4, 6); movement references from V-15 should be U-15, T-14.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrb88 wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:

Check out this awesome errata page.

http://flyhi.de/games/ambush2.html

Quote:
Mission Cards (Corrections) [Err87]
Mission 4 (Conditions 3, 4, 6); movement references from V-15 should be U-15, T-14.

Damn, not sure how I managed to overlook that one... Thanks for finding it for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Tete Montoliu - Tootie's Tempo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that you can find that link on the main game page here, under More -> Web Links. There's also a pdf in the Files section: Ambush! Errata.pdf
I'm pretty sure they're both the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Dungeonquest

Milan
Italy
msg tools
hello everyone! I want to say that I have never played ambush, I have recently bought, and I am updating the material with the errata.
I have a problem to update a mission 4 cards... I do not understand
"Mission 4 (Conditions 3, 4, 6); movement references from V-15 should be U-15, T-14."

Where do I have to write U-15 and T-14? Under what number? There is not a photo of the correct cards?

If you can help me, thank you so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Willys683 wrote:
hello everyone! I want to say that I have never played ambush, I have recently bought, and I am updating the material with the errata.
I have a problem to update a mission 4 cards... I do not understand
"Mission 4 (Conditions 3, 4, 6); movement references from V-15 should be U-15, T-14."

Where do I have to write U-15 and T-14? Under what number? There is not a photo of the correct cards?

If you can help me, thank you so much.
Easiest way to do it is probably to slot the condition card, look up V15 and pencil in U15 in red under the black number (do not overwrite the black number as it is still needed for paragraph checks), then go to U15 and write in T14.
Then repeat for the other two conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Dungeonquest

Milan
Italy
msg tools
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Easiest way to do it is probably to slot the condition card, look up V15 and pencil in U15 in red under the black number (do not overwrite the black number as it is still needed for paragraph checks), then go to U15 and write in T14.
Then repeat for the other two conditions.

Oh Niko, thank you! Now I have understand!! Thank you very much! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.