Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my second attempt at a custom card. It is nothing ground breaking although I really like one of the commons and the rare. I am in the process of putting together some of the heroes from the West Coast Avengers. I used the Iron Man, Beast, and Captain Marvel cards as inspiration. I wanted to have a recruit card similar in nature as the Illuminati beast card where it didn't have a specific recruit value. I also wanted it to be as if the cards were related to upgrades to his suit. I will include my thought process on each card.

As always I welcome feedback.

Common 1
Here is the recruit card. I wanted to have something that focused on recruiting tech cards but also had the draw card mechanic of the Iron Man Hero cards. I added the soaring flight keyword and I like how it adds it to you next hand.
Upgrade the Armaments
Avengers; Tech
No Recruit or Attack
Card Text: Draw a Card. Tech: Once per turn a Tech card in the HQ costs 2 less and gains Soaring Flight.
Cost 3

Common 2
This was pretty basic. It is gives plenty of attack and the card is multi-colored.
Twin Barreled Cannon
Avengers; Tech and Ranged
1+ Attack
Card Text: Tech: You get +3 Attack
Cost 4

Uncommon
This is unoriginal as well and just based on the Captain Marvel card.
Gatling Gun
Avengers; Range
3+ Attack
Card Text: Range: For each other Range Hero you played this turn, you get +1 attack.
Cost 5

Rare
I wanted to do a "collateral damage" type card. I originally hadn't seen this before but after making it I did encounter a similar card in the Rictor hero cards by Svenmother. On a side note, I thought the Rictor hero was pretty cool. Here is the link if anyone else wants to check it out: Svenmother's custom cards. I incorporated the Tech/Range requirement to increase damage.
Rocket Launcher
Avengers; Tech and Range
4+ Attack
Card Text: Whenever you defeat a Villain in the City this turn, any villains in the City Spaces adjacent to that Space cost 2 less attack to defeat. TechTechRangeRange: You get +4 attack.
Cost 8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job.

The rare is actually a little similar to Dino-Roar of Triumph from the Captain and the Devil. Not that that is a bad thing, just saying there are similar cards out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I should say I dont remember seeing it before. I seriously doubt I ever have a completely original idea regarding this game. Thanks for your feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
Nice job.

The rare is actually a little similar to Dino-Roar of Triumph from the Captain and the Devil. Not that that is a bad thing, just saying there are similar cards out there.

Thanks for the reference on that card. I checked it out. It does have very similar wording. It starts with higher base but lower max attack. The cost is the same. It helps let me know that the card is probably about right regarding the power vs cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.