Subject: Necrons underpowered without Death Planet cycle? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Galliher-Miller
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind...
mbmbmbmbmb
So I purchased everything up to the Death Planet cycle because I simply can't afford the ebay prices people are selling them for. So I've gotta ask, does not having these packs leave the Necrons underpowered? If so it'll almost be like playing the Necrons in 40k before their revamp lol. By the way does anyone wanna trade for the Death Planet cycle packs? lol. Thank you for any thoughts or opinions on the matter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacobzymm wrote:
So I've gotta ask, does not having these packs leave the Necrons underpowered?

Not appreciably. You're missing out on a warlord, obviously, but he's arguably not as good as the two warlords in the core set. You'll have slightly fewer deckbuilding options with Necrons, but since they have access to practically the entire unit cardpool (if you include out-of-faction cards) that's not really going to reduce your options all that much. I took a quick gander at the Necron cards in Deathworld, and honestly this is the only one that I'd miss:

http://www.conquestdb.com/en/card/15-jungles-of-nectavus/020...

I suppose if you can find a copy of Jungles of Nectavus (contains Shroud Cruiser) or Searching for Truth (contains the third warlord) at a decent price they might be worth picking up if you really like Necrons, but otherwise you're honestly not missing out on much at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Galliher-Miller
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! That helps a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.