Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Everyone, to be a SUCCESSFUL on your mission, you need to score at least 250 Victory Points by the game's end.

And, shazam!, there are an average of 25.5 turns you will play during the game (give or take when the Finale occurs).

Using simple arithmetic, that means you need to be racking up 10 VPs (or more!) per turn, on average, to be SUCCESSFUL at Nemo's War.

So, when you play, the question you must keep asking yourself is, "Did I equal or exceed gaining 10 VPs this turn, and if I didn't how am I going to make up the shortfall next turn?"

Do you want a SUCCESSFUL mission? Keep that in mind!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
Praise math!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never found that my points gain was linear like this! In fact, the first few rounds are often fairly slow as I hunt round for treasures, repair (if I've paid for the starter upgrade). A single solid Bold action in the final rounds can net 10 points, especially with a few handy upgrades and tokens to keep you safe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Banner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone who uses "shazam!" in a post gets a tip from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
While it's great to have a target to shoot for, I don't care if I win or lose - I'm along for the voyages extraordinaires when playing Nemo's War.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The real victory is the crew members we sacrificed along the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
While it's great to have a target to shoot for, I don't care if I win or lose - I'm along for the voyages extraordinaire when playing Nemo's War.

For the record, I'm with you. I love the narrative and take satisfaction at my own interpretation of the Nautilus' story. But others "play to win," so a solitaire game must be challenging!

Here a thought for you creative-types out there...

Make a track; it is a stack of .6" square boxes, 10 across and 15 high (so it should fit on a piece of paper). In the fifth box of the third row (i.e., three down from the top and five over from the left), write "150: Success!" You can then number the other boxes by 1 VP each and note where the other victory levels are.

Set up the game with a marker in the 150 box. Each turn, increase or decrease that marker's value based on how many more or fewer VPs than 10 you scored that turn. With this dynamic visual aid, you will be able to gauge the progress of your mission in terms of it being on track for a Success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.