Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregg Prendergast
United States
Newton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my copy of Masters Of Football a few days ago and have been going over the rules. It looks like a REALLY fun game and the rules were very well written and cover just about everything. I have just one rule question a few questions about the action cards.

ACADEMY

The Academy rules state that "Each manager rolls the genius die twice to get two academy talents from the player stacks". A bronze player is chosen for each roll of "1" and silver player is chosen each roll of "2" (or a genius face). So, if a manager rolls a 3+ on a die, he gets no player for that die roll … correct?

ACTION CARDS

If the “Whistleblower” card is played, is it discarded immediately after its effect is applied in response to a corruption card, or does it remain in effect for the rest of the match?

The rules for playing action cards state that “Action cards with modifiers or "tactic enforcement" are in effect until the end of the match”. Precisely which cards are considered to be “Tactic Enforcement” cards?

What does the “Player Sale” card do? The card shows a bag with a gold coin on it but no money value. Do you actually sell one of your player cards back to the bank and receive footie bills in the amount of the player’s cost?

What does the “Non-Existent Penalty Call” card do? I do not see it’s symbol listed on the Game Symbols page of the rulebook.

If the “Park The Bus” card is played during a match (not at halftime), does the team that played it re-calculate their attack and defense levels immediately after the card is played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave van Veen
msg tools
Academy
You only roll the genius die and there are only ones and twos on it

Action cards
The whistleblower is a instant effect so you use it once and discard it.

I think that all the cards that changes the values of your attack defence or tactical level, are the cards that are in effect until the end of the match.

The rest of you're questions I don't know and I hope the creators of the game can give some answers

Greets

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Prendergast
United States
Newton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dave! Guess I should have checked the actual genius die before posting the question about it. Dove right into the rulebook and just assumed it was 6 sided.

As for the other questions, I contacted the makers of the game and they answered my questions as follows:

"There are only 4 tactic enforcement cards: "Lobby for Strict Referee", "Lobby for Lenient Referee", "Bad Pitch Condition" and "International Broadcast".

"The "Player Sale" and the "Non-existent Penalty Call" are both Kickstarter exclusives and also quite unique in terms of effect and symbol - we should probably send an update to all backers explaining them.
The "Player Sale" card does exactly what you were thinking: you can sell one of your players back to the bank and get paid its cost in footies.
The "Non-existent Penalty Call" gives you an automatic goal! But it can only be played during your attack roll (before or after the roll) - it's not an extra attack.

When the "Park the Bus" card is played the team immediately re-calculates the defense and attack levels (and gets the according dice)".

They were very helpful. I am really pleased with the components and, from reading the rulebook, it seems like it's going to be tons of fun! Now Injust have to find some opponents to try it out with!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iulian Stanculescu
Romania
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When using a modifier card it applies to both teams? (The blue ones)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.