Shawn Charney
United States
Saint Louis
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The difference is slight, but noticeable...which is disappointing, but thankfully, it only matters for the Event deck.

I have now sleeved my event deck and it is no longer a gameplay issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For a publisher of FFG's calibre this is disappointing.

From your comments, can we infer that the expansion contains no extra cards to be mixed in with each player's house deck? But I guess we already knew that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Charney
United States
Saint Louis
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stomski wrote:
For a publisher of FFG's calibre this is disappointing.

From your comments, can we infer that the expansion contains no extra cards to be mixed in with each player's house deck? But I guess we already knew that.

Correct, No new cards to add to player's house decks. Only the Event Cards co-mingle in a way where the size/color difference will matter.

Although you can add new Ally cards to your hand (which are not Hostage-able and are GREAT!!)

(and I agree that I expected MORE from an FFG publication....)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crown of Command
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
Cult of the Ultra-New
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? I did not notice...I immediately sleeved everything after opening..lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Didn't notice a major difference either. Sleeving is always a good idea, regardless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt W
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Anyone with the game want to post some photos of what wasn't in the previews(a few ally cards and Aeron Greyjoys card) or the rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TundraThunder wrote:

Although you can add new Ally cards to your hand (which are not Hostage-able and are GREAT!!)

These having a different card back and that they're drawn from a different deck is more of a give away that you have them in your hand then a slight card size difference!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Charney
United States
Saint Louis
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stomski wrote:
TundraThunder wrote:

These having a different card back and that they're drawn from a different deck is more of a give away that you have them in your hand then a slight card size difference!

But if you read the earlier part of my comment...I already said that the Ally cards were NOT an issue from a size perspective.

TundraThunder wrote:

Only the Event Cards co-mingle in a way where the size/color difference will matter.

My ONLY reason for bringing up the Ally cards was to answer the question about whether NEW cards were added to the house decks. It was unrelated to the card-size discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just adding extra emphasis and clarification to your existing point. No need to go crazy with the bolding, underlines and quotes surprise shake whistle

Spoiler (click to reveal)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for double post, but having now received the expansion I can confirm the card size difference. The card back is slightly scaled up to the new card size.

Update! As a long shot, I've since contacted FFG customer services (who are now Asmodee Customer Services) about this issue and got the following response...

Asmodee NA Customer Service wrote:
Thank you for your request. The compnents you show falls within our tolerance range. If you are unhappy with the quality of your components, we recommend that you return your merchandise to the retailer from whom you purchased the product for a monetary refund or exchange, according to their policies. As always, please contact us directly if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you.

So, uh, yeah. That's an interesting support attitude conveyed in that response whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
I see no difference in size or color of the new cards compared to the basic ones.

Love the game

Owll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Charney
United States
Saint Louis
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
owll wrote:
I see no difference in size or color of the new cards compared to the basic ones.

Glad to hear (for the rest of you) that the slight size/color difference may just be associated with a smaller batch of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.