Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Bartel
Australia
Salisbury Heights
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see Deeper Dungeon is still in the Pending queue. So I'll ask here.

The instruction sheet says "Each Ally Card explains how and when it can be used."
Unfortunately they don't.

I had initially expected an Ally to provide an ongoing effect, but they look to be a once-off effect. The rules talk about activating a shrine to obtain them, and replacing one in your hero area when you get a new one. They look like a once off action on entering play, but I can't see where the rules or cards actually say that.

Does the effect happen once, every turn, or when you decide to trigger it? I guess the designer assumed it was so obvious there was no need to state it. But that statement quoted above seems such a lie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After an Ally's effect is used, the Ally is discarded. Otherwise, you use an Ally on your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Bartel
Australia
Salisbury Heights
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarifying, Błażej.
I'm still wondering if I just missed something in the rules.
(Haven't tried Deeper Dungeon yet, but looking forward to it!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John G
msg tools
You didn't miss anything in the rules. There is nothing to stipulate that an Ally effect is a one time use followed by a discard. It's a big miss in the rules as I assumed they were continually in play like equipment until replaced by activation of the companion shrine again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.