Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
The best games ingeniously blend Euro and Ameritrash styles
badge
THE CAKE IS A LIE !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
How do you think is the most effective way sell a complete Warhammer 40K Conquest LCG set?
(I apologise to those of you who would never sell and will be buried with their collection, please make an educated guess)
All as they came - arranged as packs and expansion sets
All by faction - sort ALL the cards into faction specific sets
Bundle everything up to the first cycle, packs for the last two cycles
Bundle everything up to the second cycle, packs for the third cycle only
Bundle everything up as one big bundle only - it's all or nothing buddy
      29 answers
Poll created by Mad Scientist

Sorry if your preferred suggestion isn't on my list.
Please feel free to add yours as a comment below.

This is actually the set of a friend of mine who can't be bothered to sell it himself. (I am keeping my full set.) Unfortunately the set I'm selling doesn't include the elusive decks for Jungles of Nectavus, and Searching for Truth. If you think this would change your approach please comment below.

For those of you who are die-hard fans of this mortally wounded series, like me, I'd strongly suggest you investigate the workings of Apoka. They are a fan-based group who are further developing this LCG by creating their own awesome packs. You can get the card images from them for free and get the cards printed yourself. They have even set up card printing on a site or two with no commission for them. They just want to help like-minded fans. They have already developed five high quality card packs and are about to release an expansion.

Check out Apoka at http://apoka.mozello.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, the death world cycle packs are probably the biggest ticket item in the game. So, splitting those off makes sense, while selling the rest as-is.

Splitting by factions seems like a good idea, until you realize that there's not a lot of point. I mean, it's how I store my collection, but that's not the same question. If this was a normal CCG, it'd have more value, because getting a mix of cards for one faction can be a big boon. But, because of the LCG's fixed format, it's far less valuable. You're not saving money and just getting the rares you want.

Splitting everything by retail actually undervalues the first two cycles. You can get more if those are part of the package.

I said split off the death world cycle, but really, those packs will set the price, and you can bundle the whole thing together in a single sale, and still move it simply based on a full set of Death World being included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sold my entire set bundled, just don't think your going to get even 50% retail back from it, aim for 25-40% original cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$60 is the price that I'm seeing for bundles of everything except the last cycle, so don't expect to get a lot for these. Those are also new in shrink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Jackal
United States
Nowhere
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
$60 is the price that I'm seeing for bundles of everything except the last cycle, so don't expect to get a lot for these. Those are also new in shrink.

That doesn't include the Great Devourer (at least the $60 sets I bought), but your point holds true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.