Nick Watt
New Zealand
Wanganui
Wanganui
flag msg tools
badge
Play?
mbmbmbmbmb
So I thought I would throw this out into the aether, what would you like to see in the upcoming kickstarter other than the new standalone starter deck?

Personally, storage has become an issue with the game. I love it, but I have outgrown every card box that I have gotten for it. I would love to see a limited edition Ticket to Ride sized box with a decent insert. I would love to be able to separate each deck into its own section of the box so that I would not have to weed out the original deck when I teach new players.

I am presuming that a playmat tier will be included, and I would likely back that but if it could fit inside my fictional box I would be very pleased.

Back to day dreaming I go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 8
mbmbmbmbmb
I want an honest to goodness board game-sized board game box.
None of this Hero Realms "box" nonsense.

I'm getting tired of throwing some money to Legion Supplies every year and a half for a new just-slightly-larger storage solution filled with garbage sleeves.

However, this dream box of mine wouldn't contain a useless plastic insert but simple chipboard rows to fit sleeved cards, dividers, and foam blocks – à la Summoner Wars: Alliances Master Set or Smash Up: The Big Geeky Box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've taken to storing mine in a Tupperware container. Works really well and when I out grow it, I get a bigger one and that one gets used for some other game or well food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 8
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope the inevitable promos for Frontiers will be their own thing and not the same backer-bait included in the over-priced "Adventure Tier" of the Hero Realms Kickstarter campaign.

I wouldn't mind if the Adventure Tier bonus cards were available as add-ons for others, but I don't want to receive identical rewards from 2 unrelated campaigns, especially when I only backed Hero Realms out of SR promo FOMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Watt
New Zealand
Wanganui
Wanganui
flag msg tools
badge
Play?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be happy if the insert were a variation on the Fantasy Flight card game canyon that they always do. Just give me two canyons

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tumbarello
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Things I'd like to see

- Authority tracker cards like Hero Realms
- be able to get play mats
- storage options (like a bigger version of the Hero Realms box. I actually like it. Just a bit bigger)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Watt
New Zealand
Wanganui
Wanganui
flag msg tools
badge
Play?
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my current storage solution. It is a box from a microphone that was purchased some time ago and finally put into service. The box was repurposed for Star Realms. However, the cards actually touch the lid so I have to be careful nothing is stacked on top if it. I would much rather have a box that could be stored along with all my other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewkapish wrote:
I hope the inevitable promos for Frontiers will be their own thing and not the same backer-bait included in the over-priced "Adventure Tier" of the Hero Realms Kickstarter campaign.

I wouldn't mind if the Adventure Tier bonus cards were available as add-ons for others, but I don't want to receive identical rewards from 2 unrelated campaigns, especially when I only backed Hero Realms out of SR promo FOMO.

I would hope that they do not make the Year 2 promos included in Hero Realms the reward promos, though I am fairly certain that they will. Their reasoning is going to be that they promised to make the cards "Kickstarter exclusive" and since it is a Kickstarter, they can sell them. Similar to how they sold the Epic Kickstarter promos in the Hero Realms pledge manager.

I assume that Frontiers will be the first set of Year 3 and that Year 3, like year 1 and 2, will feature a small set (Gambits/Cosmic Gambits), then a cycle of other small sets (Crisis/United) and then a Promos pack. We know that Scenarios fits in there somewhere. I assume that it will be a Gambits replacement, but I would prefer for it to be one of the sets in the 4 pack set. Since I believe Rob mentioned that they are only planning a single shipping wave for this project, that means that they will have, at minimum, the big set, one small set, and a promo pack (I hope year 3) all done as part of this Kickstarter. If they have both the singleton pack designed and the 4 pack expansion, they could package it all in a single "Year 3 Collector's Edition" box that can double as a storage solution.

The reasoning for putting out 6 small packs per cycle is that it gives buyers the flexibility to buy packs at their own pace and pick and choose which one they get. This reasoning does not hold for the type of person who would back this campaign, so we should not be bound by it. Give us a yearly big box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Watt
New Zealand
Wanganui
Wanganui
flag msg tools
badge
Play?
mbmbmbmbmb
The email update that I received today showed a smallish box, maybe twice the size of the largest Legion boxes that they had produced. It looks like it should be big enough to hold all the cards that are currently out, but I was really hope to future proof my storage solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NickWatt wrote:
The email update that I received today showed a smallish box, maybe twice the size of the largest Legion boxes that they had produced. It looks like it should be big enough to hold all the cards that are currently out, but I was really hope to future proof my storage solution.

How future proof would you want? WWG has been publishing about 180 new cards a year for the last couple of years. They said that they will release 9 new sets next year. No storage solution will work forever, unless it is stupidly oversized. I would not mind a set that covers everything that is out right now plus 200 cards, but anything more would be overkill in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Watt
New Zealand
Wanganui
Wanganui
flag msg tools
badge
Play?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to be able to go a couple of years without having to buy another storage item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
My only hope is that I can skip this KS campaign without missing out on gameplay content in the long term.

There is no reason why I should be punished for having other priorities than a pointless KS campaign in July. Such as, you know, a job, buying a house, and a decent bed. Which cannot wait for two months. While buying Frontiers can. Except stupid KS exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor James
United Kingdom
Norwich, Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got all the current SR expansions except for Missions and I store them in a box, about the size of a shoe box which I have made a foamcore insert for. I've also made card dividers similar to the ones found in the Eldritch Horror & Elder Sign files. Seems to work fine.
I will post a photo sometime but it's midnight here and I'm off to bed now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
My only hope is that I can skip this KS campaign without missing out on gameplay content in the long term.

You shouldn't, unless White Wizard Games closes down. They said in this campaign, just like all the previous ones, that all contents will, eventually, be reprinted for the mass market with alt art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

You shouldn't, unless White Wizard Games closes down. They said in this campaign, just like all the previous ones, that all contents will, eventually, be reprinted for the mass market with alt art.

Thank you I saw they expect to publish it in 2 years max. and that sounds reasonable. I'll have had plenty of time to decide then whether or not the Command decks are necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.