4 Posts

One Night Ultimate Alien» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Alternate Winning Condition Characters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timmy Jacobsen
Sweden
flag msg tools
I have a question about the alternate winning condition characters Mortician and Blob. This also includes Assassin and Aprentice Assassin but I first though of this when I played One Night Ultimate Alien.

We had a scenario with these roles:
Oracle
Alien
Alien
Cow
Rascal
Blob
Mortician

In the middle was both Aliens and the Blob and the players was Oracle (on villager team), Cow, Rascal and Mortician. After a bunch of discussion we figured out who every player was thanks to the Rascal getting the "Robber" action.
Now to the question: Is it even possible for the villagers to win this scenario? We ended up killing the Mortician and called it a tie as we didn't find anything about what would happen.

While I am at it I also want to ask about what happens with a sole Minion or Renfield. Should they be treated as a Werewolf/Vampire in that case? That is how we have played at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Renfield actually changes to Villager Team if no Vampires are present. This is not true for Minion or Squire.

In the above scenario, it definitely is not a tie because Mortician loses - he did not kill a neighboring player. The Villager Team also loses because they only killed someone who was a villager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmy Jacobsen
Sweden
flag msg tools
About Renfield and Minion I have just been blind. Read the rules again and saw the rules about it

Yeah, ofc I knew it wasn't a tie but we couldn't figure out if the Mortician counted as a part of the Villager team or not at the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Villagers win condition is killing the main bad guy team, and if there are no bad guys present, everyone must live. The Mortician is not a Villager nor a main bad guy. He's on a team of his own.

It sounds like everybody lost in your game. The game won.

The village could win by correctly predicting the Mortician and getting the circle vote this way. It will be hard, and you risk the Mortician winning if you mispredict, but you do have a chance.

In any case, this is also a lesson... Sometimes the Village does not benefit from perfect information. If nobody knows who the Rascal stole from, or even who the Rascal is, then you still have a good chance to engineer the circle vote you need to win. Lying as a Village role is a skill that needs to be mastered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.