Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
Australia
Greenmount
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
We are just setting up for December, but we appears we need to be able to make vaccines, but we have not yet found the patient zero and don't have that ability.

What have we done wrong?

Without vaccines it seems impossible to win, according to the 2 objectives

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mb
I'm citing this from memory, and I might not be 100% correct as this didn't happen to me, but you get the card about Bravo team?

If you haven't completed off all the searches by a certain point (November maybe?) I think you scratch off another card that tells you what to do.

EDIT - Just double checked the FAQ and there's a card you're supposed to scratch off in November if you haven't opened boxes 6 or 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Australia
Greenmount
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Lukric wrote:
I'm citing this from memory, and I might not be 100% correct as this didn't happen to me, but you get the card about Bravo team?

If you haven't completed off all the searches by a certain point (November maybe?) I think you scratch off another card that tells you what to do.

EDIT - Just double checked the FAQ and there's a card you're supposed to scratch off in November if you haven't opened boxes 6 or 7.

Thanks.
We didn't scratch that card because we had opened box 6 already, and we thought the wording meant we shouldn't. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember that this particular wording was indeed wrong in the German version and had to be errata'd (we didn't need it and just opened the box after the campaign for curiosity's sake).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording was confusing in English as well, I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the text (from memory) says "scratch this if you haven't opened either box 6 or box 7" which is intended to mean "if you haven't opened box 6 or you haven't opened box 7" rather than "if neither box has been opened".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Australia
Greenmount
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
Yeah, the text (from memory) says "scratch this if you haven't opened either box 6 or box 7" which is intended to mean "if you haven't opened box 6 or you haven't opened box 7" rather than "if neither box has been opened".

It's a shame, because this basically ruined the end of our great experience. We would have opened the box a few games earlier had it been clear, but instead we just got the vaccine factories in the final game. It's quite a significant oversight, and the wording is clearly ambiguous.
Oh well. Enjoyed the game otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McGeehin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah, it should totally have been

"If you have not opened both Box 6 and Box 7, scratch this off."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Ironically, given it's impossible to open package 7 without opening package 6, the text could just have said "if you have not yet opened package 7, scratch this off".

Much simpler!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:
Ironically, given it's impossible to open package 7 without opening package 6, the text could just have said "if you have not yet opened package 7, scratch this off".

Much simpler!
Oh, wow, I missed that. Yes, that's a great point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.