Hide
6 Posts

Lewis & Clark» Forums » Rules

Subject: Farewell clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
From the rules:
Refill the Journal by drawing 5 new cards and placing them in the order drawn

So, the card of which I can see the back before playing Farewell, after Farewell it has to be the first one, right?
I mean: I am looking for #49 Crow at Rest, I see the back of a card with strength 3 and a gray badge and #37,43,44 are gone.
I could play Farewell and if I have 2 or 3 equipments and only one fur, I will be sure to get it, won't I?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never been clear on what "in the order drawn" means. It's used several times in the rules but an example isn't given. I could see it either way: the first card goes in the lowest cost spot, or the first card goes in the spot closest to the deck. Saying that it goes from highest to lowest would mitigate your situation, so that you may know what's coming but it's going to be expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jedrake wrote:
From the rules:
Refill the Journal by drawing 5 new cards and placing them in the order drawn

So, the card of which I can see the back before playing Farewell, after Farewell it has to be the first one, right?
I mean: I am looking for #49 Crow at Rest, I see the back of a card with stregth 3 and a gray badge and #37,43,44 are gone.
I could play Farewell and if I have 2 or 3 equipments and only one fur, I will be sure to get it, won't I?

I applied it as the first card drawn goes in the bottom most spot - or more precisely, each card goes into the slot next to the deck, pushing down cards drawn before it. (same end result).

Either way I don't think it actually matters - as long as you apply the rule consistently and don't change it for your benefit, it should work out with less/more powerful cards on average.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks.
I tried it on boardgamearena. I am trying there the game, I would like to buy it, but now I cannot find it anywhere.
Well, Crow at Rest appeared on 3rd place.
I agree that consistency is the important thing.
I think FAQ should be a little integrated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jedrake wrote:
Thanks.
I tried it on boardgamearena.

Whaaaaat?! It's on Board Game Arena?!! Joyous day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And Tabletopia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.