4 Posts

Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can it be adapted for six players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo Antonio Bermejo Mata
Spain
flag msg tools
My game table are six players. You always have to stay one.

I would like to know if there is any home rule to adapt it to six players with any of the expansions.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no established home rule I know of, but it probably can be done. You'll just have to experiment. The easiest thing to test would be giving the OL more gems and/or a faster gem refresh rate. That might not work for every scenario, though, especially the ones where the OL can't reinforce. Giving the heroes weaker weapons and spells may help, too. Basically, you'd probably need different nerfs for each scenario. I don't know that there's a one-size-fits-all solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've modified scenarios for 5 players (plus one OL).

It's not too hard. Increase the starting # of OL gems and how much they refresh. Add a couple of bad guys.

It's a bit more of trial a d error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Permit me to quote myself here...

cardboardant wrote:

Increasing Hero count

The scenarios have set player counts that can limit the playability for some groups; you can increase the number of heroes that can be used in a scenario. Be wary about doing this as it can obviously unbalance a scenario, but it is not impossible to do (and better to do it than have people sitting out or you being forced to only play a few scenarios). 
If you are going to increase the number of heroes, then follow these general guidelines:

Increase total Overlord gems by 2

Increase Overlord gem recovery by 2

Move 2 extra gems into each hero fatigue box at scenario start

Specific Scenario Changes
On top of this, certain Overlord characters in some scenarios should probably have their wounds increased (especially if they are the objective):

Hunting the Tigress: increase Skuthus and Zaporavo wounds by 1

In the Heart of Darkness: increase Skuthus’ wounds by 2

Infernal Pursuit part II: increase Zaporavo wounds by 2

In the Name of Ibis: increase Skuthus wounds by 2

The Crawling Shadow: increase Thog wounds by 2

EDIT: additionally, you may find that adding a few more minions to already existing groups can help offset the heroes additional 'killing power'. If a group of minions is under 5 then add an additional figure to that group (place the additional figure in the same space as an existing figure of that colour).

I hope you find something that helps/is interesting in here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.