Subject: Foamcore Storage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hoskins
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought I'd share my foamcore insert for component-aggedon the game. Despite my best efforts there are still a few things that have to go into the Vastaryous’ Lair box, though I think I can make some modifications to have everything fit. At the moment the Hellspawn mini and the hero specific power tokens are residing in the other box. The deck holder that comes with with the game is also out for taking up too much space and there will definitely be no sleeving of cards. Theoretically there's still enough room for the components that will be coming in wave 2 though(Wishful thinking, not everything fits). If not there's still plenty of room in the other box for overflow. Design drawings can be found below.

Plans (KICKSTARTER EDITION ONLY!)
Basic dimensions are below. Click through for full size images. If you're cutting by hand simply omit the small alignment tabs.

Vector File
The vector file for use with a laser cutter or CNC drag knife can be downloaded here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4HzZM8n0IsVOE9wdHBPZS1oN0U...
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome. My plan was to use the plano case I bought and baggies.

I'm not going to use foamcore...I've spent too much money on woodworking tools so I'll be making mine out of some of the scrap hardwood I have lying around. Maybe a nice mix of maple and walnut. Even have some small pieces of mahogany that would work too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it takes up more room... but as a painter, the thought of having a pile of minis makes me cringe

Other than that, it really looks amazing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a lovely storage solution you've got!

(I'm so jealous of you people with your craftmaking abilities! I can code a website to help with book-keeping or whatever, but I'm hopeless at physical products.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RicharDISNEY
United States
Rescue
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is fantastic!
I was going to try my hand at it over the weekend.

Thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bravo, excellent work! Absolutely amazing. Thank you for the plans. I'm already using a Plano box but I will be using that cutout for the tiles for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mentioned "if your cutting by hand". What other method is there to cut foamcore?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoskins
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a laser cutter to make all the pieces for my inserts anymore, thus the readily available 3D model and all those little alignment tabs you can see in the drawings. They're quite useful for keeping things square and spaced correctly but they're way too much work for manual cutting and I generally don't dimension them in the drawings. If anyone does have access to a laser cutter or CNC drag knife and wants to try this design I'll be adding a link to the vector file shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madewokherd wrote:
I use a laser cutter to make all the pieces for my inserts anymore, thus the readily available 3D model and all those little alignment tabs you can see in the drawings. They're quite useful for keeping things square and spaced correctly but they're way too much work for manual cutting and I generally don't dimension them in the drawings. If anyone does have access to a laser cutter or CNC drag knife and wants to try this design I'll be adding a link to the vector file shortly.

Ah, that explains things!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many large foam core boards does this take? (Sorry I don't know what "large" means by dimension. I just know about the big poster board size I can get at Walmart.)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoskins
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It took about 3.5 sheets of 20" x 30" foamboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madewokherd wrote:
It took about 3.5 sheets of 20" x 30" foamboard.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are your cards sleeved? Can't tell from the picture. They take up a lot more space when sleeved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoskins
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's mentioned in the text above but no card sleeves unfortunately. I was going to sleeve the encounter, trap, enemy, and enemy power decks since they seem to be the most shuffled but the cards appear to be mini-euro sized and don't fit in the mini-american sleeves I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Meeks
United States
Manchester
NH
flag msg tools
mb
do you have a pdf of these plans?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Chiu
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starfury wrote:

I'm not going to use foamcore...I've spent too much money on woodworking tools so I'll be making mine out of some of the scrap hardwood I have lying around. Maybe a nice mix of maple and walnut. Even have some small pieces of mahogany that would work too.

I used a large Plano tackle box plus a smaller plastic box to store the figures, bits and small cards. The map tiles fit on top of the Plano box beside the smaller box just perfectly. The rest of the larger cards and manuals all fit on top of the tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stuntman wrote:
Starfury wrote:

I used a large Plano tackle box plus a smaller plastic box to store the figures, bits and small cards. The map tiles fit on top of the Plano box beside the smaller box just perfectly. The rest of the larger cards and manuals all fit on top of the tiles.

Anyway we can get some pics of this please? Also maybe model number? That would be great thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
I want to make with this out hardboard at 4mm size, is there an easy way to adjust size of each piece?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Landry
Canada
St Lazare
QC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing these detailed drawings. I'm in the process of converting them to 3d files and printing them.

I will share the files freely on Thingiverse if you have no objections.

D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoskins
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I'm real late on replying to this one. You're more than welcome to share them on Thingiverse. I would imagine you could cut down substantially on the wall thickness with a 3D printer and get quite a bit more storage space out of it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Baker
msg tools
cdndave wrote:
Thanks for sharing these detailed drawings. I'm in the process of converting them to 3d files and printing them.

I will share the files freely on Thingiverse if you have no objections.

D

Did this happen? I am interested in the files if available :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
I'd love that too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat E. Cakes
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Im curious how this ended up working with all of the Wave 2 components?

Has anyone tried?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoskins
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not had a chance to try it yet but I had planned to put any overflow I was left with into the Vastaryous' Lair box. I'll test it out when I get home and report in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat E. Cakes
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you David.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.