Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Brown
United States
Lake Elsinore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As some of you might be aware of, iOS 11, which is in beta now, requires that all apps be 64-bit.  The Arkham Toolkit is still a 32-bit app which means that iOS 11 renders it un-usable.  Do you think there is any chance that FFG will update this app to 64-bit and thus allow it to work on iOS 11+?  Seeing that Arkham Horror is still a "current" product line I suppose it is possible.  There are several older apps from other vendors that haven't been updated in years which were just updated to 64-bit in order to continue to work with future versions of iOS.  And switching an app to 64-bit is a simple process in Xcode.  

I have permanently boxed all of my encounter cards thanks to this app so not having access to it would be a major setback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lane
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
FFG did recently update their Elder Sign: Omens game to 64-bit, so I think they are paying attention. I have no inside info about Arkham Toolkit, but we can hope.

(ES:O is a great game btw, I like it better than the cardboard version.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric P
United States
Collinsville
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IOS 11 is available now, and still no movement from FFG on this update.
Looks like we'll be going back to the decks.

I've posted on FFG's forums and emailed their software department to see if I can get any info - will post here if I hear anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric P
United States
Collinsville
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Official response:

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your email regarding the Arkham Toolkit. Unfortunately, we have decided not to update the app for the 64-bit required rollout. The app is sufficiently old enough that we would have trouble maintaining it’s stability while updating it to the new iOS requirements.

We do not know how much longer it will appear on the store - and if your device updates to iOS 11, the app will stop working on your device.

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Paul Klecker
FFG Software
Software@asmodeena.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos I
msg tools
Hi guys,

I found an alternative for this app on iOS. The Assistant for Arkham Horror and it seems to be good.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/assistant-for-arkham-horror/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.