Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's not me - I still say "I must play it now"... and then adult responsibilities get in the way and I have to do other things. Also, I don't always buy games to play them. Sometimes I buy them for artwork, sometimes to read the rules and explore the design, sometimes for the bits that come in the box... there are many other reasons besides play.

So as a kid, it was my parents telling me I couldn't play games... as an adult, its society and the demands of society (bosses saying get to work, city ordinances saying mow your yard, etc) that says I can't play games.

(Sorry, 2017 has been bad - I've gone from 24-30 game plays per month in 2016 to maybe 1 game a month this year... going to 10, then 5, and now basically nothing... needless to say, it makes me a little cranky.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
I play my new games once they get worked into the rotation of game night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary o
United States
Roseville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't buy another game until I've played the previous one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Larsen
United States
Des Moines
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blush

Uh.. yeah. I am pretty sure I have more games still in shrink than the total count of games I've ever played.

I call the stored game shelving the walls of 'potential fun' - hopefully to be converted to 'kinetic fun' some day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3minator Eve
Belgium
Woluwe-St-Lambert
flag msg tools
Yeah I also have too many games left unplayed... I get so enthusiastic about buying (and having) them, but I keep forgetting that when I order games, I can't order the time and the gameplaying friends that are needed with it. >_<'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
pommom wrote:

This new game will look very nice on my shelf. Heck, I might even glance at it occasionally.

Should read...

Quote:

This new game will look very nice on my shelf, if I could actually find room for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedja Buz
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Haha so true. In my case, with books as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.