Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabe Zonks
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ok I have the tax collector:
pillage phase
mayors with 6 or more gold must pay you one.

Which happens first???????

Collecting taxes or paying my pillage costs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krista Donnelly
United States
Beltsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played that you collected taxes first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kassey
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
CHEDDAR!
badge
AGENT OF THE MNL!
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules, this exact example is under ADVANCED RULES > GAME RULINGS > TIMING.

Basically on your turn, you get to choose the order of events. So someone has the collector, and i have 6 gold, i can choose the order and have CHALLENGE cards pillage first, then the collector gets nada. Or i can choose say, if i have the LORD to buy the KINGS FAVOR, then use it to protect me from all pillages. ETC...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Black
United States
Waynesboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think it's most important to remember that tax collection happens on the Tax Collecting Mayor's turn.

Example: Adam is first player, followed by Ben, then Cathy. Ben has the tax collector and 0g and will fail a pillage of 1g. Adam and Cathy have 6g and will fail a pillage of 1g.

Adam loses 1g to the pillaging, but not to taxing, since Ben hasn't had a turn yet. Ben may chose to lose to pillaging first (to lose nothing), then chose to tax Cathy, who still has 6g. Cathy then loses her pillaging as well, leaving the following totals: Adam, 5g; Ben 1g; Cathy 4g.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.