Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris K
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not exactly a new user but not sure where else I ought to post this. (Apologies if this is the wrong place!)

I was curious if there is a more efficient way to use Geekbay. Ideally, I'd like to be notified if a game I'm interested in (say, via cross-referencing my wishlist) pops up in someone's Geekbay auction. Barring this, I'm wondering if there is a search function like there is for the eBay page - something that would allow me to scour Geekbay for a specific game title.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if there's a better way but this is what I do.
Go to the game page.
SUBSCRIBE to the game.
then EDIT the subscription.
then you basically flip all of the defaults.
you want to be suscribed to product for sale, ebay auctions, and geeklist iems. you'll still get hits for non-auction geeklists which can be annoying when 10x10 playlists happen, but its the best way i've found.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gidorah wrote:
Not exactly a new user but not sure where else I ought to post this. (Apologies if this is the wrong place!)

I was curious if there is a more efficient way to use Geekbay. Ideally, I'd like to be notified if a game I'm interested in (say, via cross-referencing my wishlist) pops up in someone's Geekbay auction. Barring this, I'm wondering if there is a search function like there is for the eBay page - something that would allow me to scour Geekbay for a specific game title.

Cheers!

Use JeffyJeff's tool for reporting when a game on your wish/want list shows up in an auction indexed by the Auction Meta-list. This will require a little research on your behalf, but once it works, if an owner lists that title in an auction AND indexes that auction with the Meta-List, JJ's tool picks it up and reports it to you via PM.

http://bgg.activityclub.org/auctions/viewauctions.cgi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both for the suggestions. I haven't looked into them yet but this sounds exactly like what I was looking for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.