Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deathless Eye
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
Hi everyone
Im really disappointed in this game , I was so excited when I first bought it

But this game is not working for me that much

For example u can always lie about the sector u in !! Whether its a dangerous one or not

When u draw a dangerous card u can also lie if its red or green cuz they will be face down during the game And even if u got red and announced your sector !! U could lie and anounce any other sector

U can also lie if an alien attacked u !! U could say none is here but u r actually there !

Im thinkin of letting my group swear not to lie or cheat during the game lol 😂 seriously the game looked cool and everything but as the subject says .. and thats really sad !!

If anyone has an idea or a solution or a suggestion or if im wrong please tell me

Thx alot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 4
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathlesseye wrote:
If anyone has an idea or a solution or a suggestion or if im wrong please tell me
Pro Tip: Don't play games with absolute douchebags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I felt the same. It's to easy to cheat in this game.
If your group only has honest players it's fine. However, if you happen to have "sneaky" players it won't work...

However, when everyone is honest it's a nice game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Possible, but no great solution:
Have the first eliminated player check the veracity of the players answers.

Depending on how you do this, it might make the game very slow though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deathless Eye
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
andrewkapish wrote:
Deathlesseye wrote:
Pro Tip: Don't play games with absolute douchebags.

Lol u r absolutely right !! But the problem is when you have none except the douchebags 😂

But the easiest solution is to make things clear from the very start ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deathless Eye
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
torontoraptors wrote:
Yeah, I felt the same. It's to easy to cheat in this game.
If your group only has honest players it's fine. However, if you happen to have "sneaky" players it won't work...

However, when everyone is honest it's a nice game

I only played it once so far and got really pissed that ppl can cheat easily .. even thou none cheated when we played it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deathless Eye
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
torontoraptors wrote:
Possible, but no great solution:
Have the first eliminated player check the veracity of the players answers.

Depending on how you do this, it might make the game very slow though

This is a gd solution but when humans are eliminated they are still in the game as aliens and in this particular game aliens are hard to kill lol

But another solution is to let one of the players only monitoring the game

But still everyone wsnna play !! So i ll just ask them to be honest otherways the game will be ruined

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, sometimes I think my friends are douchebags, but they won't lie to win a board game. Yeesh. Stop playing with those people.

What's the point of rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deathless Eye
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
Polioliolio wrote:
Man, sometimes I think my friends are douchebags, but they won't lie to win a board game. Yeesh. Stop playing with those people.

Yes u r right !! Actually i already said that my friends didnt lie when we played it , but i just wanted to make sure of that point, thats cheating and lying are very easy to be done in this boardgame

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M King
United States
Wilder
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathlesseye wrote:
Polioliolio wrote:

Yes u r right !! Actually i already said that my friends didnt lie when we played it , but i just wanted to make sure of that point, thats cheating and lying are very easy to be done in this boardgame

Maybe you should just play the game and stop worrying about things t that didn't happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deathless Eye
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
oneoldgamer wrote:
Deathlesseye wrote:
Polioliolio wrote:

Maybe you should just play the game and stop worrying about things t that didn't happen.

Lol u didnt get the point at all !! But thats fine

My only request was to know if u could caught a cheater or a liar during the game , or a way to stop it

Anyway now i understand that this is not possible .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathlesseye wrote:
oneoldgamer wrote:
Deathlesseye wrote:
Polioliolio wrote:

My only request was to know if u could caught a cheater or a liar during the game , or a way to stop it

If you cheat or lie, or simply accidentally read your map wrong, you will ruin the game. So establish that to everyone, that you must truthfully tell your location, and you must be accurate in your own logging of your own location. If someone is saying something incorrect, it throws off everyone. It's not very difficult, just make sure everyone is aware of that before playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Esser
United States
Dubuque
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're game group is that full of cheaters, you should find a new game group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M King
United States
Wilder
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathlesseye wrote:
oneoldgamer wrote:
Deathlesseye wrote:
Polioliolio wrote:

Of course it's possible. Each player keeps track of their moves on the map and with a separate list of where they moved. If you suspect cheating you can ask to see their map after the game and see if there are any impossible moves. In our games, both with this game and other hidden movement games we all show what we did so we know what was happening "behinds the scenes"as it were and to see what strategies were being used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Molloy
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mb
oneoldgamer wrote:

Of course it's possible. Each player keeps track of their moves on the map and with a separate list of where they moved. If you suspect cheating you can ask to see their map after the game and see if there are any impossible moves. In our games, both with this game and other hidden movement games we all show what we did so we know what was happening "behinds the scenes"as it were and to see what strategies were being used.

Yep, this is the entire reason for the top half of the map book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Olivas
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Players coud mark in the lower map their noise anouncements in sequence (1, 2, 3,...) and keep the noise cards they draw in a personal discard pile (in order). This way it is extremely easy to check if there were mistakes or attempts to cheat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.