Monopoly Gamer» Forums » Variants

Subject: Boss Battle Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Papa
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1.)Prepare the boss deck cards as normal (or use the variable setup as suggested by WBuchanan https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1805757/variable-setup-boss...)

2.) Same rules apply on the cards when fighting bosses (pay coins, roll dice etc...) except you can ONLY fight them when your token goes to or passes Go! If your fail the roll, the next player who passes Go now has the chance to fight the current boss.

It made for a much longer (and swingy) game on my play sessions, but it gave the feeling of actually going through an entire stage and having the privilege of facing the boss at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Potter
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
just looking at how many times people have failed rolls and how many times people actually pass Go I can't see this taking less than 2 hours to play a game. Hell no, that would make this terrible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Viox
United States
Gretna
NE
flag msg tools
mbmb
I agree. The game was long enough the way it was. I'm not sure I would add this variant. I did think it would be fun leaving the money on all bosses similar to Bowser Jr.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Basil Miranda Jr
United States
California
flag msg tools
Exactly what I was thinking. The game would drag on way too long. My girlfriend and I just use all the bosses in the deck instead of what the manual says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.