Popular Tags: [View All]
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I am not sure how to play Blooming arbor. The explanation in the rulebook in the German version does not correspond to the text written on the card. In particular, I don't understand what the green tree symbol you get means when actually you just discard a card that spoils your field, you do not really get the green tree symbol.

Also, had I not more or less by chance read the paragraph about the card in the reference section, I would definitively have played the card differently...

Maybe a translation error? In the German manual, the text in the reference section is almost identical to the Druid of Peace, is this correct?

Opinions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandKhan44 wrote:
Hi,

I am not sure how to play Blooming arbor. The explanation in the rulebook in the German version does not correspond to the text written on the card. In particular, I don't understand what the green tree symbol you get means when actually you just discard a card that spoils your field, you do not really get the green tree symbol.

Also, had I not more or less by chance read the paragraph about the card in the reference section, I would definitively have played the card differently...

Maybe a translation error? In the German manual, the text in the reference section is almost identical to the Druid of Peace, is this correct?

Opinions?

Ok I looked in the English manual, the translation of the German manual is wrong. I will tell Pegasus Spiele...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandKhan44 wrote:
I don't understand what the green tree symbol you get means when actually you just discard a card that spoils your field, you do not really get the green tree symbol.

The growth symbol doesn't allow you to discard anything. It merely cancels out one decay. So if your field shows five decay and two growth, you haven't spoiled because only three of those decay are being counted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
GrandKhan44 wrote:
I don't understand what the green tree symbol you get means when actually you just discard a card that spoils your field, you do not really get the green tree symbol.

The growth symbol doesn't allow you to discard anything. It merely cancels out one decay. So if your field shows five decay and two growth, you haven't spoiled because only three of those decay are being counted.

Thanks for your answer, but my confusion came from the fact that the German rulebook described something entirely different in the reference part due to an editing mistake (saying you can discard your deck card). When I read the English manual it is totally clear. Thanks for your answer anyway...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.