Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Williamson
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just got the game, haven't played it yet but I'm eyeing all the parts in anticipation! I'm wondering how to divide up the pieces and cards for easier storage and quicker setup. Do you guys have any suggestions, other than the bags provided with the box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bag individual player pieces together.
Put energy and tokens in another bag.
Deckbox for cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
travisdhill wrote:
Just bag individual player pieces together.
Put energy and tokens in another bag.
Deckbox for cards.

This. A baggie for each color seems the easiest route to go. I'm going to likely build my own insert at some point so that each player has their own removable tray with everything they need to play in it. Will make setup and tear down pretty quick.

Have to get my actual game first though still no info on when it will arrive, or if it has even shipped yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keene
msg tools
designer
I played a game tonight. A bag for each faction is all you really need. Game setup is quite fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P
United States
Chino Hills
California
flag msg tools
I pretty much did what everyone else has said and just have a bag for each faction. However, inside each faction bag, I have a smaller bag that just has the starting items (mothership, 8 sundivers, 3 energy, movement marker, and ark), while the larger faction bags have the remaining faction buildings/sundivers.

The cards I currently have in a bag, though I will probably make a tuckbox for them soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valerio
Italy
Vicenza
flag msg tools
lordnine wrote:
I played a game tonight.

Aaaand you will post some first impressions very soon, right? RIGHT?
(I'm drooling about this one...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keene
msg tools
designer
Chironis wrote:
lordnine wrote:
I played a game tonight.

Aaaand you will post some first impressions very soon, right? RIGHT?
(I'm drooling about this one...)

I would want to get more than one game in before posting a big write-up but my first impression is positive. The only real complaint I had was late in the game when everyone is moving a lot of ships it becomes a bit fiddly and turns take quite a bit longer. Other than that, we all thought it was a very solid experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bling storage my games and this is the best game EVER for storage. I'll post a picture tomorrow, but here goes

Buy some business card boxes from eBay ( £10 for 50 iirc) .place a faction in each of these, including the movement track marker. You could also put the 3 energy starter cubes in there too.

Then get some plastic playing box cards, same price, same place. Energy cubes and instability marker go in one. The instability cards go into another 2 (one box is a deck made up for a 3 player game, the other is the remaining suits to be added as required. One more box takes the remainder of the cards.

And then they all fit snuggly in the base box with the insert in place. It's a shame the insert isn't printed, I've had to throw away a number of printed inserts, it's a shame the one I get to keep isn't printed!

Hey ho
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.